Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I happened to see a Solstice taillight thru the large field of inventory cars while driving past the Pontiac dealer near my workplace. It was a silver pre-production-for-sale car. Its body panel fits were not much to praise. It looked nice. I went inside to ask if I could sit in it for a size check. To my surprise there was a red Solstice sitting in the showroom, top down. Wow!
Awesome car. Panel fits were perfect. Paint showed almost no orange peel under the clearcoat. The interior was black leather and was very nice quality. The color was a shocker. The online web site color at 16M colors and the brochures sent to me by Pontiac are wrong on the color. The red is fire engine red, not orange red. It is awesome. I am changing my order today as it hasn't been picked up since July. :( :) The car is awesome in the flesh. Steering wheel is placed where it should be, not 2" too far away as most. Worth the wait! The only pick I have is the grilles are very cheesy looking. They need to be chromed. I bought an M3 to hold me over until the Solstice shows up. I thought I would choose after trying both for a while. I now will have an M3 up for sale when the Solstice arrives.!

·
Registered
152 Posts
sale?

I don't think they can legally sell pre-prod cars. anyone?

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
pre prod cars

They are not selling the pre prod silver car. They said it will eventually go to the crusher. The red one is a resell.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts