Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ah, two of my favorite words. Although I'd much rather hear, " here are your keys Marco and you've got a full tank of gas".

My dealer just advised me that #158 is listed in transit.

He expects it next week.

My dealer tells me that they get updates on Tuesday and Thursdays.

So hopefully we'll hear some more VIN numbers today :)

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
PAS22 said:
Good luck everyone! The race is on!
You guys are racing before your car even gets there! Wow! Here on the Solstice Forum, we're not a competitive bunch are we?

But hey, can't wait to hear how you like 'em, the sooner the better.

·
Registered
233 Posts
My dealer called me on 4 August and told me that mine was in transit. He said it would be about 2 weeks. :( I'm looking at 9 more days. :willy: It is now becoming a countdown...Can't wait to hear who gets theirs first :cheers: This has been so exciting for me as this is the first forum that I have ever visited, and another first is a two seater sports car. I had a Datsun 280Z in 1983, but it was a 2+2 and a automatic. Thanks to all the members for making my first visit so exciting, informative and overall a great experience. I heard from my daughter that a lot of forums are rude, arrogant, and non-tolerant of people who aren't up to date with the forum's subject. Thank you for your courtesy, laughs and information. I hope to hear more on the deliveries and experiences of all Solstice members. Look forward down the road to a Solstice get together similar to Sturgis. :cool:

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
mssleepr said:
My dealer called me on 4 August and told me that mine was in transit. He said it would be about 2 weeks. :( I'm looking at 9 more days. :willy: It is now becoming a countdown...Can't wait to hear who gets theirs first :cheers: This has been so exciting for me as this is the first forum that I have ever visited, and another first is a two seater sports car. I had a Datsun 280Z in 1983, but it was a 2+2 and a automatic. Thanks to all the members for making my first visit so exciting, informative and overall a great experience. I heard from my daughter that a lot of forums are rude, arrogant, and non-tolerant of people who aren't up to date with the forum's subject. Thank you for your courtesy, laughs and information. I hope to hear more on the deliveries and experiences of all Solstice members. Look forward down the road to a Solstice get together similar to Sturgis. :cool:
Your daughteer is right about a lot of forums being unpleasant places. I would say that this is an exceptional place!

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
I think that the people who run the forum set the general attitude about it. I run a forum myself and only those that I trust have the same powers as I do. And my forum is pretty open, too.

If you let the trolls troll, it all becomes bad.

kudos to Troy and his minions here. :)

·
Registered
233 Posts
Excelsior said:
Ohh, and don't visit the forums that your daughter visits, please. ;)
:glol: Would't even try....words of advise from a 20 year old...go figure.. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
cadillacricket said:
My customers car was updated today, it has been built!! #239!!!![/QUOTE]

Congrats Cadillac, hopefully we'll get a rough idea on how many there producing a week by seeing which vin's we're up to.

#158-born on date-8/3/05

·
Registered
40 Posts
cadillacricket said:
My customers car was updated today, it has been built!! #239!!!![/QUOTE]

Cadillacricket, is there any secret to finding an update? My dealer seems to have too many other things on his mind. The salesman asks about it and he says no changes. Since I ordered a black car I think it should be built or close to it. Is there any difference in checking the Solstice order than any other order? Thanks for your informative posts...Wally

·
Registered
976 Posts
Cadillacricket said:
Ather than having the dealer check for changes in your event history (VOMS Number) there is not much that can be done. If you give me the name of the dealer and your VOM # , I can try and check it, but I don't know for sure if I can check thier order....

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
In Transit.....NOT!

#158, born on 8/3.......listed in transit 8/8 with eta of 8/18.

I just talked to my dealer.

He has given me the update that the vehicle is awaiting correction and inspection.
Stuck in old Wilmington still.

GM, theres a difference between giving me bad news and giving me bad information.

Bad news is something you deal with.

Bad information is something I shouldn't have to deal with.

I appreciate you trying to make corrections.

I don't expect my car to be perfect.

No first year model is.

But telling me that its in transit when its not has led to alot of unneccesary anxiety.

I certainly wouldn't have been calling my dealer every day since the 18th.

And, oh yea, seeing that its still in Delaware, how about slapping a set of polished wheels on it, like I ordered and you didn't put on because of constraints. Surely you've got some more polished wheels by now.

That would be a nice correction for you to make.

Your silence has been deafening lately.

Thank you so much!

·
Registered
135 Posts
Marco said:

He has given me the update that the vehicle is awaiting correction and inspection.

GM, theres a difference between giving me bad news and giving me bad information.

No first year model is.

But telling me that its in transit when its not has led to alot of unneccesary anxiety.

And, oh yea, seeing that its still in Delaware, how about slapping a set of polished wheels on it, like I ordered and you didn't put on because of constraints. Surely you've got some more polished wheels by now.

Thank you so much!
:agree:

·
Premium Member
569 Posts
Marco said:

No first year model is.

Thank you so much!
At some point GM needs to recognize that forums like this are the way a significant amount of communication is going to happen and sitting silent about glitches in the system won't cut it.... If there are facts to be found... they'll be found... Better for GM to be the source than rumors coming in the back door. I recall hearing a few years back that 80% of all rumors are true. GM, you're not doing yourself any good by keeping your lips closed... be up front and tell us what's going on!!!

I hate to think I'm buying my car from a bunch of ostriches..

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
...new leather??

package said:
I hate to think I'm buying my car from a bunch of ostriches..
What? Ostrich leather seats?? Are you serious? Wow. Are they dyed or natural? If dyed what colors do they come in? This must be the answer to the previous leather shortage. Those can't be cheap to make either.
:cool:

[ok, it's a cheap attempt to start a rumour. Can't find any real news, sooooo.]

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
On the road again!

Update 9/6/05

I have just spoken to Shannon at Solstice HQ. Thank you Shannon.

#158 has been released to the carrier on 9/4.

It has completed correction and inspection in Wilmington and is (hopefully this time).......what are the words I'm looking for..........Oh yeah!,

IN TRANSIT :yesnod:

So hopefully, by this weekend, I will be breaking in a Mysterious, 3 tone....errrr.....two tone with MONSOON stereo.

Time to burn a CD.

I will update my dealer soon.

Sol Deep, I hope you have #7 by now. :)

·
Registered
135 Posts
Marco said:
Sol Deep, I hope you have #7 by now. :)
Thanks for the well wishes, Marco. Unfortunately, no word on mine and I'm still waiting. I have a voice mail message into EOP HQ for an update, so I'll let you know what they say. My dealer still has not been given a good word. :(

·
Premium Member
4,041 Posts
Marco,
The same thing happened to me last month. My dealer got word that my car was in transit and would be delivered on the 17th. A week later we were told that the car had never been shipped. A total contradiction to what the dealer had been told a week before. It's really disappointing to get wrong info after having waited so long. Hang in there.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.