Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just found out today that mine is to arrive on the train on Thanksgiving day, unloaded on Friday and delivered on the following Monday :willy: . I got to thinking that there must be more then one on the train, so everyone in this area check with your dealer. If they don't already know, they can call C J & M Transport Inc., 27430 72nd Ave S, Kent, WA 98032 (253) 854-3531. THEY WILL ONLY TALK TO THE DEALER!!! , but you sure can give them this number. ;)

Let me know if you'll be getting yours too, so we can do a get together soon. I'm planning on taking a trip to the yard over the Thanksgiving weekend to see if I can spot my (and everyone else's) solstice. I'll let you all know.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I was told yesterday that my car is on a train, they don't know where it is but it is on the way. I hope your right.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
58MGA said:
I was told yesterday that my car is on a train, they don't know where it is but it is on the way. I hope your right.
Have your salesman call the trucking company, they will tell him when the car is due to arrive. I'm about to come out of my skin since the car is supposed to get here on Thanksgiving day but won't be delivered to the dealer until the following Monday. I may drive up to Kent and have a look at the yard on Friday and see what I can see. I'll let everyone know when she finally gets here. Oh, I've settled on a name for her. Helia, a minor greek sun goddess, daughter of Helios. Maybe her name will bring more sunny days to the area so we can go topless more often.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Aaarrrggghhhh!!!!!!!

My wife and I stopped by the Kent facility today to see if any Sols had arrived. Its a large place and but I couldn't see any. The dealer is close by so we stopped by to get status. According to the dealer "Pontiac sent a E-mail saying the car is in transit'. Good finally GM has the car in transit, 10 days ago it wasn't. So the Dealer called the transit company, "No we don't show the car in our system" This is bad, 10 days ago the same company said the car was on a train heading west, Don't know where or when it will arrive but its on its way. I was hoping it would show before Sunday (bday) but I guess not. :( :( :( :(

·
Registered
8,664 Posts
58MGA said:
My wife and I stopped by the Kent facility today to see if any Sols had arrived. Its a large place and but I couldn't see any. The dealer is close by so we stopped by to get status. According to the dealer "Pontiac sent a E-mail saying the car is in transit'. Good finally GM has the car in transit, 10 days ago it wasn't. So the Dealer called the transit company, "No we don't show the car in our system" This is bad, 10 days ago the same company said the car was on a train heading west, Don't know where or when it will arrive but its on its way. I was hoping it would show before Sunday (bday) but I guess not. :( :( :( :(
I suggest you call again. Two calls often results in two answers. etc.

You may not have seen these photos of MARiSOL at the railyard before loading onto the carrier, all the way through to dealer to home. Post #35:

http://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6698

Maybe you can be at your railyard and get better pictures than mine and share with us all.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The Wait.....

... is killing me!! :willy: I waited all weekend (avery long one) without bothering the sales guy. (I did go by Friday night to check though) So I just called the dealer and my salesman doesn't come in until 2:00pm (local time) and last we talked, the trucking company said it should be delivered today. This is the worst. Has anyone else in Western Washington heard their car is in/delivered. Anyway I'll up you all later.

·
Registered
269 Posts
CanSol

I've posted this message before but here it goes again.....It was two weeks to the day, from the time GM said it arrived in Vancouver by train until it arrived at the dealer.

They seem to take their time so don't fret it will arrive someday soon and like everyone else seems to say "it is worth the wait...but I know how you feel.

Congratulations that it is sooo close. If I am down in Washington I may look you up. Do the same if you get up to Port Coquitlam/Vancouver.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
CanSol said:
I've posted this message before but here it goes again.....It was two weeks to the day, from the time GM said it arrived in Vancouver by train until it arrived at the dealer.

They seem to take their time so don't fret it will arrive someday soon and like everyone else seems to say "it is worth the wait...but I know how you feel.

Congratulations that it is sooo close. If I am down in Washington I may look you up. Do the same if you get up to Port Coquitlam/Vancouver.
Thanks for the morale boost CanSol. The Trucking company are the ones that said they would deliver the car today (see first post) so that's why I'm going crazy right now. The car has been built for two months now. On top of all else, like most others here on the forum, looks like snow soon.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Sly sighting

At 1:45 today I passed a car carrier with 1 sly sol headed westbound I405 looking like it was about to go Northbound I-5, but not sure. So Sgt, cars must have arrived over the weekend. :willy:

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
SgtMilburn said:
Thanks for the morale boost CanSol. The Trucking company are the ones that said they would deliver the car today (see first post) so that's why I'm going crazy right now. The car has been built for two months now. On top of all else, like most others here on the forum, looks like snow soon.
I would believe that the trucking company would have the best info.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Update

So I talked to my salesman (he called me about 2:30 this afternoon) and he said the cars arrived over the weekend (the trucking company only works M-F) and that my car should be delivered on Wednesday. I would assume that the delay was the weather in the midwest. I also would assume that there are many cars in this bunch as many have been delivered east of the Mississippi. Call your dealers and have them call the trucking company (see the first post for the number around here) and find out what's up everyone! It won't be much longer :yesnod:

·
Registered
269 Posts
CanSol

Hey Sarg.

Just remembered that the first live Solstice I ever saw was in Tacoma last summer.

We went on vacation with the motorhome and travelled through Washington, Oregon, Idaho, Utah, Arizona, Nevada, California, and then back up through Oregon and Washington and finallt saw a Solstice on a car carrier heading South.

I watched for a Solstice on every car carrier and Pontiac lot from home back to Tacoma and finally saw just one in Tacoma.

Hope you have yours by soon.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts