Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Since we are getting so many threads in general lately, here's an index of the early driving posts of the pre-production models by various members...

If you remember another one, PM me or one of the other mods and we'll add the link.

Driving:
Driving Miss Agressive (Video)
Ohio Ride & Drive
Tall Driver (6'7")
1990 TGP's Ride
Big John's You Won't Be Sorry
GradSol's Drive
PeteHu's Drive
240ZRX7MiataSol's Review
Xfire's Review

Major Sightings:
Oregon Press Event
Maryhill Museum
More Oregon Pics (from another site)

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Here's one that came in via PM from member SOLSTZ06 (from May). He asked me to post it here.

"Solstice Experience"

I got to spend some time with a Solstice and did I mention I got to drive it......when I first sat in the car I was surprised by the feeling that the hood was still rising in front of me, with that and the height of the fender ridges it was very different from what I'm used to. The seat was very comfortable and sat you quite low behind the dash and that rising hood with the cockpit surrounding you but not closing in. The engine started smoothly and revved tightly as opposed to a raucus hod rod V8 feel. The clutch seemed to require a little more rpm than I expected, but that could just be my perception. The shifts were smooth and the gates natural feeling. Turn in felt out in front of you, this in contrast to my experience with mid-engine and/or cab forward vehicles where you feel more on top. The brakes were smooth and aggressive. We drove the car with the top down, both with the windows in the up and down positions, as well as with the top up and windows closed. Engine, tire, wind noise and buffeting were at much lower levels than I expected and the engine came to life under acceleration which was crisp. With the roof up even my 6' 4" passenger commented on having plenty of room, both up top and lower down. The monsoon sound system was more than enough in quality and volume as well as a massage for the passenger. This car could be very well worth the wait......

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.