Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to speak to my dealer today, C P Diver in Lewes De., asked where is my car? I was told it is in bay, same as last week. But the sales manager told me that each 1000 as it comes off the line is inspected for defects and adjusted on site. Said it is time consuming, but they are trying to get it right the first time. Said he expects my delivery still to make it by the summer deadline, Sept 21. Vin # 260, born on 8-9-05, in the bay since 8-24-05. Must have a lot of repairs to do, just a little scary!

·
Registered
5,302 Posts
in the bay.....at the dealership or the plant???

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Fish Story?

del_utz said:
Went to speak to my dealer today, C P Diver in Lewes De., asked where is my car? I was told it is in bay, same as last week. But the sales manager told me that each 1000 as it comes off the line is inspected for defects and adjusted on site. Said it is time consuming, but they are trying to get it right the first time. Said he expects my delivery still to make it by the summer deadline, Sept 21. Vin # 260, born on 8-9-05, in the bay since 8-24-05. Must have a lot of repairs to do, just a little scary!
This sounds unreasonable. Will they sit the other 9,000 cars to be built off to the side or at bay to work out the kinks? I smell a "Rat" or a "Fish" or a "Dealer".... :banghead:

·
Registered
51 Posts
your dealer

Hey del utz, How's your experience with Diver? A little off topic, but I had my Corvette down to RB last weekend when it overheated. I ha it towed to Diver for service, looks like I may need new heads (they're either warped or cracked according to service dept). Since I'm at a distance except or weekends, I don't know anything about their service dept. PM me if it's easier. Thx

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
ntouched said:
This sounds unreasonable. Will they sit the other 9,000 cars to be built off to the side or at bay to work out the kinks? I smell a "Rat" or a "Fish" or a "Dealer".... :banghead:
I suspect that it will begin moving faster because they know now what their problem areas are and should be able to make the needed adjustments on the line.

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Editguy said:
I suspect that it will begin moving faster because they know now what their problem areas are and should be able to make the needed adjustments on the line.
They said that before...fit and trim issues fixed - should be rolling off now! I'll believe it when I see the deliveries start being accepted by retail owners.

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
pwaiting said:
Hey del utz, How's your experience with Diver? A little off topic, but I had my Corvette down to RB last weekend when it overheated. I ha it towed to Diver for service, looks like I may need new heads (they're either warped or cracked according to service dept). Since I'm at a distance except or weekends, I don't know anything about their service dept. PM me if it's easier. Thx
pwaiting - see pm del_utz

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.