Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, so I'm trying to figure out the best stance for my 'normal' driving height on my air ride suspension setup...as well as a good 'stupid low' driving height.

Here is what I need:

Height of Front Fender (center of arc) from the ground
Height of Rear Fender (center of arc) from the ground

Basically trying to determine how 'raked' the car is

It would be a non-issue on other cars, but our front fenders are MUCH bigger than the rears...so I can't just have them match.

Thanks guys!!

·
Registered
6,940 Posts
FWIW, raising or lowering a car simply to make it look good often screws with the handling, especially severe lowering which can introduce bump steer, depending on steering geometry.

Never understood the kids that run scraping the ground with extreme negative camber and erratic handling and enhanced tire wear, just because 'it looks cool'.

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I don't either...and being that I'm from Idaho, the roads here are crap, and you can go from paved to dirt roads at random....the beauty of air ride (besides the fact I'm the only one in existence to my knowledge) is that I can press a button to dump it an show off or park, then press another button and I'm right back up to stock/OEM height without having any side effects as you stated....then if there is a uber mega huge speed bump...hit one more button and I'm 4x4 status!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts