Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up my car around 5:30 last night. The dealer followed my instructions of minimally touching the car. It had 17 miles at delivery and the dealer said there were 18 quality control stickers on it. He bought me a tank of high test! Overall the best dealer experience I've ever had!

I had to drive it 2.5 hours home on the highway. Cabin noise is not that bad, and the stereo is fantastic. The car is comfy for long distances. 5th is really tall, but I did average 26.5 mpg. Not bad. The driver information center is neat, I must say. I did find the steering wheel buttons to be very small - and my hands are not particularly big. They definitely take a while to get used to.

I jumped out of bed this morning to get some driving in before the rain hits. I put about 40 miles of back roads on it. It's tons of fun! You have to keep the motor around 3000 rpm to keep it peppy, but that really not a problem. The car also feels very wide - something else to get used to. Also the headlight buldge on the driver's side can skew your perspective while driving. The lower door panels seem like they will scuff very easily.

I love the green, but I knew I would.

I attached some pics of the Jersey country side. Even though its cloudy out here, I think they came out pretty good. And there just weren't enough pictures of green!

I'll give it a 9 out of 10 and can say that it met my very high expectations!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,053 Posts
I'm very Envious of you! ;)

Your car looks great and nice pictures too. It must be tough to have to come inside with a Solstice and those falling leaves outside.

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Wow! I like your car and your pics!

·
Registered
256 Posts
Very Sweet! I ordered the green with ebony leather, also. Pics only help re-assure me that i made a good choice (according to my tastes!) Thanks for the pics and Congrats on the new Sol!

·
Registered
231 Posts
Great pics!

I too ordered envious with the black leather. I hope to get mine before Spring 2006. Seeing the pictures makes feel feel great about the choice. Best of luck with the car! ;)

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
Nice pics! Envious looks pretty sweet with the Autumnal colors. :thumbs:

·
Registered
670 Posts
Joisey?

:party: :party: :party: :party: Where abouts in Joisey? :cool:

·
Registered
41 Posts
Hey, RKGSX, I also live in NJ and plan on getting a Solstice in the spring. I'm curious to know what you intend to do about the front license plate. Your car looks too beautiful to slap a plate on the front grill. Seeing what other New Jerseyans are doing will help me to determine what I'm going to do when the time comes.

·
Premium Member
10,475 Posts
Congratulations :party:

·
Registered
2,469 Posts
I really like the #5 picture in the first set. Looks like a pic out of a catalog.
I didn't know that NJ had that kind of backdrop?! Where is the beach? The boardwalk? The needles?!! :lol:

The green really does look sharp.

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
Yes NJ does have some nice places ;)

We have many beaches, mountains (small ones), farms (fewer & fewer each year) and country side.

Everybody just sees Newark airport, the Turnpike and the industrial stuff :lol:

·
Registered
670 Posts
No seeing involved.

You do not have to see any of those sights - just come thru Secaucus and get the Garden State aroma! :cool:

·
Registered
363 Posts
Best pics I remember seeing of an envious. Saved a few for wallpaper. Almost got green, but got red. Really was torn over color, but I am sure the sol looks great in any color.....

·
Read Only
3,468 Posts
Congrats! :party:

I'm a (soon (?) to be) Envious owner, as well.

Enjoy, and thanks for the pics!

--Chemist

PS: I sent you a PM

1 - 20 of 40 Posts