Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It hasn't bothered me until NOW.....I need a replacement mirror face piece only. The rest of the Mirror is fine, but all around the edges of the Mirror face itself has distortions. Any ideas? A whole new mirror is many many $$$. I guess I could make a tracing of the Mirror Face and get something cut.

·
Premium Member
4,042 Posts
junk yard ?
redline auto parts ?

Reactions: phil1734

·
Registered
21 Posts
Post up you need one. A lot of people switched to auto-dimming. Maybe someone has one lying around.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Probably $5 tops at your local pick-a-part. I know the S10/Sonoma had map lights built into theirs, probably lots of other GM products of the era as well. Just make sure the mount matches.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I live in SE PA, and no Salvage Yard has any Solstices. If anyone knows of any, and are willing to get one, I'll gladly pay !

·
Registered
424 Posts
It doesn't need to be a solstice - they're fairly generic parts. Just take your old one and match it to one from another GM car of similar vintage.

·
Premium Member
1,745 Posts
I doubt that you can get one cut. The optics required to get the mirror to work properly dictate that the glass be thicker at the top than at the bottom. I had the same problem and found a replacement on Ebay.

·
Registered
32 Posts
After I did the auto dimming mirror, I sold mine for cheap on FB marketplace. I'm sure there is a few out there from the same or part outs. It may even be a good excuse to go ahead and do the auto dimming mirror swap out yourself. If not the stock mirror's part number is "E11015315" and was used on other GM vehicles too.
Here's one that popped up on a quick ebay search. It's even in you neck of the woods.

Edit: Here is a link to the auto dimming mirror if you're interested.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts