Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
We also installed the lighted door sills this last weekend.

Start

DISCONNECT BATTERY

I had to pull up my chrome strip because I couldn't get it to sit on top of it flushly

Just pull up your old door sills.

Pull the carpet down and pull the plastic shield off of the BCM area. Does anyone know what the interface is for on the right side by the kick plate?

Continue to follow their enclosed instructions unscrewing the bolt on the plug for the wiring harness that plugs into the BCM

·
Registered
4,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Everything was soldered on this as well, just striping the wires, soldering the wires together and then wrapping them with electrical tap.

Again, everything is tucked away neatly under the trim panels and zip tied.

Follow the included instructions with the door sills....they are written very well and are easy to follow. They make a great product and they look sweet!! Thanks King Penn Industries (Wind Restrictor)!!

·
Super Moderator
16,608 Posts
When I got mine, set number tow, they plugged into the fuse lugs no solder required. Have they changed the install instructions to require soldering?

Mine are wired into my alternate power supply for shows so I never connected them to the BCM

but the newair I received today for the Hreen Dragon will be wired into switched power

·
Registered
4,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
They include scotch clips, but my buddy didn't want to you use them, we hard-wired and soldered everything. Mainly so he could shrink wrap and tape the connections.

·
Registered
5,597 Posts
Only thing I would add is step one, disconnect battery - just to prevent intermittent/rapid power on - power off cycling when you take the connector off of the BCM.

·
Registered
4,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
There it's added! I was just trying to give some color photos. The ones supplied are black and white and it did cause some confusion. Mine are just "supplements" so everyone can see them in color if they need too....

·
Registered
355 Posts
Are their any after pics?

·
Premium Member
2,212 Posts
for sure that's the first thing I do is disconnect the battery, well, second thing. first is grab a beer:)

·
Registered
5,597 Posts
TX - I can't live that dangerously. If I grab the beer first, I may forget to disconnect the battery.

Yeah - where the hell are the after pics?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Those people who was looking for the perfect tutorial with pictures and from the authentic auto mechanic about installing the door sill plates, I think this the perfect tutorial and understandable by such people who are not familiar with this car. Thank you so much for such great installation guide.

·
Premium Member
2,212 Posts
Oh, now I see what we are talking about. hmmm, I like them. 2 hundred fifty bucks huh, maybe I'll add them to the list.

·
Registered
731 Posts
Will be installing my door sills this weekend along with my new windrestrictor using there new ghost module.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts