Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As the title says, we ditched the OEM cat and installed Solo's 3" "full race" exhaust last night. This set-up includes a cat test pipe that bolts right up to the turbo in place of the OEM cat. From there on it is 3" tubing - complete with a woven flex joint all the way to the back and out the driver's side cut-out. We plan to fabricate a tow-hook for the passenger side cut-out.

Many here and including Solo have cautioned against the loudness of this set-up but honestly I think it is completely streetable. I have certainly driven MUCH louder cars on the street. It is nice to hear the turbo virtually all of the time.

We'll be adjusting the tune again here shortly but as we are typically running 20 minute track session in high heat (Southern California desert areas), we have opted to run very conservative boost (~19-20psi) as well as high octane fuel as we dial in the car suspension/tire-wise. We'll keep some HP in reserve and as a safety margin. Anyway, if any of you use your car mostl for driving events, this exhaust set-up may be a good option and we'll add our subjective opinion is that it is not THAT loud!!

·
Registered
4,175 Posts
:agree::agree::agree::agree::agree:

I had a Solo HFC and the Street Race Exhaust (no muffler, dual exhaust)....and I LOVED the sound of my car.... But now the dealer took my HFC and put an OEM back on.... They took the rumble out of my ride. :(

·
Registered
788 Posts
But now the dealer took my HFC and put an OEM back on.... They took the rumble out of my ride. :(
Explain please. How did they do this without your permission? :willy:

·
Registered
5,422 Posts
:agree::agree::agree::agree::agree:

I had a Solo HFC and the Street Race Exhaust (no muffler, dual exhaust)....and I LOVED the sound of my car.... But now the dealer took my HFC and put an OEM back on.... They took the rumble out of my ride. :(
I still think you should have somebody's balls in your hands over that. That is sum buhhhhsh!t right there.

·
Registered
4,175 Posts
To replace the waterpump, you can only access it one of 2 ways. Remove the turbo and all the intake piping. Or remove the Cat and go at it from the bottom. They chose to remove the cat....less work and cheaper... Little did they know it was a HFC.... :cuss:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts