Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to share with the group I installed some new Iggee seat covers today and was very happy with how well they turned out. I found them on eBay https://www.ebay.com/itm/PONTIAC-SOLSTICE-2006-2009-BLACK-RED-S-LEATHER-CUSTOM-MADE-FIT-FRONT-SEAT-COVER/112478041268?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649
I see they are still $40 off (and that is when I pulled the trigger). When i received them, I left them on coat hangers for about a week to get any small creases out from being shipped. And since today was a nice sunny day in Minnesota, I pulled the seats out of the car and went to work. First, I left the covers out in the sun for about an half an hour to get them soft. Then I pulled them over the seats and stretched them out snug while the covered seat sat in the sun again for another half hour. After a little more pulling on them, I then secured them as instructed. Over all, they look very nice and some extra red is a nice touch for the interior. I see Iggee has them in other colors too. http://www.iggee.com/

Attachments

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Bill.

Yes they fit very well. It gets to be kind of a tough pull to get the vertical cover over the back of the seat. I'm glad I let them warm up in the sun as I think they were able to "give" more. There are a few spots, as you can see, on the seat where the sides stick out. There are some folds or wrinkles there. They could have been a little more careful making the curve when sewing I think. And who knows, that might stretch out over time. My original seats were cloth and pretty dirty. The drivers seat had a cigarette hole also. So this worked out to be a good option.

Mike

·
Registered
6,860 Posts
I bought the exact same seat covers last year for our 09 coupe, and also removed the seats from the car in order to get the bottom cover and straps to fit as best as possible. The seat covers do fit tight, in fact too tight for me because I like to clean & condition the leather seats every spring. But because they fit so tight I didn't want to go through the trouble of removing them to clean the seats this spring, so I plan on replacing them.

That's why I bought some cheap seat covers for the 06 this year. They don't look or fit nearly as nice as the Igee's. But they still offering some protection to the seats and it's a lot easier to remove them in order to clean the seats. YMMV

BTW, I've seen some people on FB refer to these as leather seat covers, they are clearly vinyl seat covers.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Thanks SolPainter! I did not remove the original covers. As a result, when I head the seats out on the deck, I could see the "line" where the top of the pocket was on the front edge of the seat. But when in the car... a little hard to see.

·
Registered
573 Posts
I got these (Iggee) in blue over 5 years ago and they still look great. I didn’t have any areas that looked bad or like they weren’t made for the seats. The few wrinkles went away once you sat on them and they became “worked in”. I love mine.
The pic is right after I installed them so there are a few wrinkles on the seat but they went away.

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts