Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2009 Mysterious GXP Coupe #100
2,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, I'm installing a new Alpine nav unit, and my handy GMOS-LAN-04 gives me zero reverse signal. Nothing. The line is always 0V.

OK, I figure I'll tap into the backup lights (which I've already done for my auto-dimming mirror). Damn thing gives 12V for reverse sure enough, but it's got 2V at rest! My stereo thinks it's always in reverse!

Anybody got any solutions for me?

As a secondary problem, I bought the ASWC for steering wheel controls cuz it should just plug right into the GMOS-LAN-04 and work. It doesn't. The volume cranks up to max, and the volume buttons seem to trigger OnStar. I think the harness might actually be wired wrong from Metra, but I'm just disconnecting this for now.

Thanks
Matt

·
Registered
211 Posts
Two easy thoughts come to mind, a relay and pull down resistor added accross the reverse bulb or maybe even easier add a couple diodes in series and a pull down resistor. (Each diode has .7 volts drop accross it.) PM me your email address and I'll draw it up for you with some radio shack part numbers.

·
Registered
7,149 Posts
Before you go down the path of fixing a manual reverse signal, are you sure that your GMOS unit is fully working? Not getting a reverse signal and not working with the steering wheel unit, definitely suggests smoke (if not fire). Try calling up their tech support.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Agreed ,smoke comes to mind right away,disconnect that part before something nasty happens and you will then have more problems then you bargain for.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts