Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Thats impossible, the car isnt set to be delivered for alittle while longer and crash results arent posted. BUT you could price a 06 miata to get a general price

·
Registered
180 Posts
I would venture that it be inline with the current miata, which is about as cheap as what my 98' neon would be, which is cheaper than my current 03 Sentra. Low power roadsters are pretty cheap, and probably cheaper since it is a domestic product. That was one thing I liked about the miata, and hoping the Pontiac also has in its court.

·
Registered
100 Posts
pgreen29 said:
Any insurance estimates for the Solstice yet?
Call progressive, they actually do have the info, even without a vin #. I was shocked so I asked him to repeat the info on the screen, sure enough, it was for the 2006 pontiac solstice. He said that it was info that the manufactuer had sent. This was about a month ago. For full coverage on the solstice and my husbands jeep it was about 159.00 per month. That was for both cars together! I called back later to confirm with another rep. and the quote was the same. Call Progressive. Allstate can not give a quote without the vin #. Lisa in AZ

·
Registered
100 Posts
Billabongi said:
Thats impossible, the car isnt set to be delivered for alittle while longer and crash results arent posted. BUT you could price a 06 miata to get a general price
I did that with Allstate and the quote was MUCH higher. The rep said they think the Solstice was quoted low because it did not come up as a high performance car. I guess the price will be higher, depending on what you do to the Solstice. I thought that by running a quote for the Miata I could get a good idea but it was way off. Progressive.

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
Try to get the quote for a 2005 Mazdaspeed Miata. It's power level is much closer to the Solstice.

·
Registered
905 Posts
For me, 19 years old, no tickets or accidents with USAA it was going to be $1806 a year under my dad's policy. If I went solo it would be a little over $2000. In comparison to my 97 Sunfire SE which is $1523 a year, I think it's not that bad :)

·
Registered
275 Posts
brentil said:
Try to get the quote for a 2005 Mazdaspeed Miata. It's power level is much closer to the Solstice.
yeah, but the sky/sol will be safer and the parts will be cheaper. all in all, my guess is that it will be closer to the base miata.

and progressive rates their cars different than any other company out there, so you cant necessarily use them as an example. :)

·
Registered
337 Posts
Adrenaline said:
For me, 19 years old, no tickets or accidents with USAA it was going to be $1806 a year under my dad's policy. If I went solo it would be a little over $2000. In comparison to my 97 Sunfire SE which is $1523 a year, I think it's not that bad :)

I guess age makes a big diffrence. I am 40, and have USAA - my quote from them was $550 a year. Age does have some advantages.

·
Registered
905 Posts
SolTex said:
I guess age makes a big diffrence. I am 40, and have USAA - my quote from them was $550 a year. Age does have some advantages.
Yeah my parents combined only pay $1500 total for their 2003 Toyota Avalon XLS, 2000 Ford Ranger and the 97 Sunfire SE. Supposedly when I turn 21 my insurance will drop, I can't wait.

·
Registered
228 Posts
When you hit 21 the price will drop. I think mine shaved about 20-30 a month when I hit 21.

I currently pay 85 a month for a Grand Prix GTP, so I would expect a car with a lot less HP to be cheaper or about the same but who knows. The GTP is still considered a "sports coupe" so who knows

·
Registered
337 Posts
Adrenaline said:
Yeah my parents combined only pay $1500 total for their 2003 Toyota Avalon XLS, 2000 Ford Ranger and the 97 Sunfire SE. Supposedly when I turn 21 my insurance will drop, I can't wait.
Location must play a big part to. I pay $750 a year for a 2004 F-150, and 2004 Expedition (374.25 every 6 months).

·
Registered
905 Posts
SolTex said:
Location must play a big part to. I pay $750 a year for a 2004 F-150, and 2004 Expedition (374.25 every 6 months).
When I was down in VA it was quite a bit lower then it is up in Maryland. The way people drive around here it's no wonder.

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
Adrenaline said:
When I was down in VA it was quite a bit lower then it is up in Maryland. The way people drive around here it's no wonder.
Moving to the area of Central Florida I'm in now cost me an extra $200 a year for two cars. Just glad the multi-car policy and being married helped bring it back down at least.

·
Registered
275 Posts
SolTex said:
bingo

location is HUGE. ive quoted customers moving to a new location where their insurance jumped up 200% or more or where it dropped by more than half. and, if you live close to a city line, its even more frustrating because the "punk kid" down the street can have cheaper insurance than you.

chances are though.......

when a car is debuted like this, nobody really knows what the insurance rates should be, so it can end up being all over the board with each company and the first few years they revise it, so the first year rates most likely will change a lot in the two years that follow.

·
Registered
3,512 Posts
Also keep in mind that every state has different insurance laws rates, etc. If you're posting info about insurance, you all may want to list what state you live in.

I live in NJ and there is just no way to compare what I would pay to what a person in Pennsylvania or any other state would pay. Its not even in the same ballpark.

·
Premium Member
5,691 Posts
SolTex said:
Yeah, they figure you are going to lose the keys half the time so ...less mileage, less exposure. :lol:

·
Registered
46 Posts
Is that really true that you pay more when the car is red? I never belive it but everyone seems to think so. Why? Red makes the car faster??? What if I put NOS sticker? :lol:

1 - 20 of 48 Posts