Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

Would you like a Top Down Tech device for your Solstice?

• Coolness. Gimme.

Votes: 6 28.6%
  • Not bad, how much?

Votes: 13 61.9%
  • Power windows, schmower windows, not interested.

Votes: 2 9.5%
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There's a nifty device, seems to be only available on 5th gen Corvettes for now, that primarily, is used to control the power windows remotely.

You can get out of your car to put the top up, then close the windows remotely. When you walk up to the car, you can roll down the windows remotely. If you leave your roadster alone top down while dining alfresco, or while sitting outside the coffee shop, you can roll up the windows remotely and freak out anyone that gets too close to your car.

It does other neat things, too, like save top speed, and simulates a broken or stuck speedometer (when you get pulled over for speeding).

www.topdowntech.com

Wouldn't this be cool to have for your Solstice?

·
Registered
3,512 Posts
Looks interesting. It would really depend on how much it costs versus how useful it is. People pay a lot more for the C5 than they do for a Solstice, which will probably end up being true for any add-on gadgets as well.

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
Since the base Sol has crank windows, it would have to be optional. Then, it would have to be somewhat affordable to fit with the Solstice's pricing structure.

It is a cool gadget, but not really necessary in my book.

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
I think that's pretty nifty. I wouldn't mind having that if it wasn't too expensive.

·
Registered
670 Posts
Old memories

My sister tried to put up the top on her 50-something Ford convertible, about 1955, while still in our garage. She got it caught on the main crossmember on the garage roof and my dad had to jack the car up to get it loose. Lesson to all, put your top up before you park it in the garage! :lol: :cool:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts