Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,883 Posts
any graph for coupe-only pricing ?

notice the bumps upward in the summer time...

·
Registered
65 Posts
Nice graph-The price I paid for my 09 is right in line with the graph. Summer months really come through!

·
Registered
6,883 Posts
I must be going blind, I don't anywhere that the coupe/na/gxp is displayed on either graph.
The coupes are included in the 2009 curve and the suggestion was that they are responsible for raising that curve a bit higher - the distance between the other years is quite consistent while the difference between 2008 and 2009 is greater.

I doubt anyone has accurate info on coupe sales as the guys selling the cars often seem to think that their converts are coupes when they write the ads.

·
Registered
160 Posts
The coupes are included in the 2009 curve and the suggestion was that they are responsible for raising that curve a bit higher - the distance between the other years is quite consistent while the difference between 2008 and 2009 is greater.

I doubt anyone has accurate info on coupe sales as the guys selling the cars often seem to think that their converts are coupes when they write the ads.
I see, thanks. If it's the coupes, I suppose one could take the % of coupes sold and their higher costs and see if that jives. I'd guess it's a combination of things including folks wanting the "youngest ones available" on the used market since Pontiac was shut down.

·
Registered
6,883 Posts
Small update ...

Still going down :)
Yup. To expect anything else is wishful thinking. I wonder what percentage of all cars ever appreciate and when the turn around happens. On a lot of 1950s and early 1960s cars it happened in the 1990s. Before that, things like XKEs and many race cars like McLarens were just old depreciating cars.

Wish I'd bought the McLaren for $4000, or the AC Cobra for $6000 when I had the chance....

·
Premium Member
3,803 Posts
I follow the Solstice prices on a regular basis and lately there are a lot of high mileage cars on the market which translates into lower prices overall plus the fact that in most parts of the country it's winter and no one is really buying these types of cars . I've seen a leveling off and a gain from previous years in low mileage GXP's converts and coupes the NA 's are not appreciating much unless they have super low miles and the ones I have seen are mostly at dealers who mark up the prices .

·
Premium Member
3,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
Who produces these graphs, NADA, Kelly? snip ...
URL of the source is in the first post. I do not know where / how they get their data.

For me one of the most interesting things I have seen in these graphs graphs is that the spring price increases are getting smaller (although percentage wise they could be the same) and that there is no spring price increase in the 2013 at all.

Best illustrated in this graph from Feb 2017

·
Premium Member
10,432 Posts
convertibles do better in the summer.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts