Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

21 - 40 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
My Opinion : If your buying a fun car for an investment, buy a '63 Corvette split window coupe. If your buying a fun car for a more reasonable cost to drive right now, buy a kappa :|

Nervous

·
Premium Member
3,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Please do not make this into another "will the Solstice be collectable and worth a lot of $$$ thread.

I noticeD 2 interesting things in my previous post:
- Prices seem almost stable since early 2017 in the first graph.
- The early Aug till mid Sept hump in the second graph.

·
Registered
156 Posts
It would be interesting to see the prices up here in Canada and in the northern US. While the prices probably swing a lot more I suspect the base line might be a bit higher because they get a lot less mileage on them

·
Super Moderator
7,334 Posts
Where are you getting your values and prices? If you are using the NADA book to determine values, keep in mind that it will lag actual sale prices, skewing values to a later date. This would explain the Aug-Sep "hump" since it would be reactionary to actual sale prices from Jun-Jul.

It would be interesting to see the same data for another sports car or convertible.

·
Super Moderator
7,334 Posts
So the data should be real time, making the out-of-phase "hump" more confusing. Now to track something else as a comparison .....

·
Premium Member
1,779 Posts
I paid around $8k for my '06 in 2014 with 35k miles, in mint condition. I paid $6500 for my GXP last year. Either I'm getting really awesome deals or the Y axes are mislabeled.

·
Premium Member
1,779 Posts
Some explanation of what each graph actually means would be helpful. :)

·
Super Moderator
7,334 Posts
It is odd that only some of them are missing. Were they all inserted into the posts the same way?

Maybe you are moving around the world so fast that they can't keep up.

21 - 40 of 42 Posts