Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

21 - 40 of 121 Posts

·
Registered
6,878 Posts
I believe there were two different 1st 1000 hat versions. If I'm understanding the below post, 1st 1000 owners who attended the Detroit Renaissance Center were given out hats after the event.

https://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/f11/does-anyone-recognize-first-1000-baseball-cap-150321/

Rogobuck1: If I remember correctly, they were passed out at the end of the meeting, both my wife and I have them, 8/5/2005

While 1st 1000 owners also received a different version in the mail along with other 1st 1000 gifts.
https://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/f11/first-1000-other-stuff-67028/

·
Registered
6,878 Posts
1st 1000 Ballcap
Saveaux, thanks for posting this, I bought this, and it is indeed a 1st 1000 ball cap. Other than some sweat stains in the white lining it's in very good condition.

You can tell this is a 1st 1000 hat because of the red trim and inside the hat it says Brian Robinson Headwear in turquoise. Made in China, naturally... Now I have two of these. Sorry for the crappy pics, I have a cheap cell phone.

·
Premium Member
959 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
1st 1000 Ballcap
Saveaux, thanks for posting this, I bought this, and it is indeed a 1st 1000 ball cap. Other than some sweat stains in the white lining it's in very good condition.

You can tell this is a 1st 1000 hat because of the red trim and inside the hat it says Brian Robinson Headwear in turquoise. Made in China, naturally... Now I have two of these. Sorry for the crappy pics, I have a cheap cell phone.

Glad I can help CT!!

I usually check "Pontiac Solstice" on eBay nightly, then filter for "Newly Listed" and "Ending Soonest" as well as just the normal search.

It looks like the dash vents have already sold too!

·
AKA SolWhat?
10,234 Posts

Yes, it is the hat that GM sent to the people waiting on their 1st 1000 cars. I already had 2 of this hat, bought from SolsticeStuff.com (I think that's what the place was listed as. I just checked and it was SolsticeStuff.Com, otherwise known as Burston Marketing.)

:thumbs:

·
Registered
6,878 Posts

·
Premium Member
959 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Very good price for BBS alloy wheels.
I looked at those wheels last year.

They are not BBS. I'm not sure why BBS is not going after them.

These wheels are one piece and BBS is 2 or 3 piece.

The brand name is R4L - Replicas 4 Less?

Feedback was not great either. I passed.

Exact wheels were $499 last year from the same seller.
Thank you for the clarification Syjos! The brand BBS is the reason I linked these, knowing they are a much more expensive wheel.

·
Registered
6,878 Posts
I looked at those wheels last year.

They are not BBS. I'm not sure why BBS is not going after them.

These wheels are one piece and BBS is 2 or 3 piece.

The brand name is R4L - Replicas 4 Less?

Feedback was not great either. I passed.

Exact wheels were $499 last year from the same seller.
It never dawned on me they could be replica's, all I saw was the BBS center caps and "assumed", thanks for keeping me on my toes. :thumbs:

·
Registered
244 Posts

·
Premium Member
419 Posts
Very interesting: would it keep out rain?
Relatively easy to install and put on each time?
Probably not good for a hard rain because if you are parked with the front end lower it would send water to the base of the windshield at the front of the dash (too many electronics in there). Easy set-up and tear-down, takes about 5 minutes - I love driving with the driver's side open! :wink:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
959 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
Very interesting: would it keep out rain?
Relatively easy to install and put on each time?

Yes I am selling my car BUT it has been for sale a long tie and who knows, so meanwhile...
I can't speak to leaking but I found it interesting that my first Solstice had been drilled/buttoned for a tonneau cover but my front buttons had been drilled into the window pillar instead of the hood like Greatgabs.

21 - 40 of 121 Posts