Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

61 - 80 of 122 Posts

·
Registered
6,798 Posts
If you have an eBay account, they regularly send out $5 coupons to use on pretty much anything, so I sent a $40 offer but only paid $35.
Never got any gift from Ebay during the last 20 years. They regularly do steal my money though.
Yeah, I buy tons off eBay. Never got a coupon :(

·
Premium Member
1,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #64
I've gotten a number of these emailed coupons. I always thought it was somehow a scam, so have never used one. I'll use one next time!!

·
Registered
265 Posts
Come to think of it - you probably still need to be logged into an eBay account to use it. Otherwise it would have unlimited uses for anyone.

I imagine it locks each account into a single use - but I don't know that for sure.

·
Premium Member
1,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #67
He ships fast and wrapped up well. Mine didn't have any imperfections and they're black! Great find, thanks Saveaux
I completely agree on the fast shipping and well packaging. My dad and I both received ours; they look great!

·
Premium Member
1,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #68

·
Premium Member
1,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #69

·
Registered
265 Posts
Would have grabbed that part but its not compatible with the coupe.
Isn't that the part that changes between the two top designs? So there's a chance it's not even compatible with a whole bunch of convertibles, depending on which style it is. Though I've also heard it doesn't really matter and both work just fine. :confused::dunno:

·
Premium Member
1,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #72
Would have grabbed that part but its not compatible with the coupe.
I was told there are two tops and each has their associated correct weatherstripping:

2007-2010

·
Premium Member
3,584 Posts
I got my mirrors today as mentioned above these are NOS and in perfect condition plus got them for a killer price . His colors are limited I was looking for a set in Envious and ended up with black figuring that I would paint them to match my car , it has black accents I'm tempted to put one on and see what it would look like or have them hydro dipped in carbon fiber to match my windshield post . I urge any member who collects spare parts to jump on this he is very reasonable as far as offers go and the shipping is free !

·
Premium Member
1,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #75

·
Premium Member
1,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #76

·
Premium Member
1,004 Posts
This eBay listing is for OEM overstock mirror assemblies, prepainted from GM. They have a "make offer" button that I tried $50 on. The offer was immediately accepted (less than 5 seconds). I wonder just how cheap they would let these go for. The vendor has most colors available.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/131256045237

A word of caution when buying these mirrors. Even though they are identical in appearance the Sky and Solstice mirrors have a different mounting configuration. Solstice mirrors mounting studs will not line up on a Sky and vise versa.

·
Premium Member
1,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #80 (Edited)
Look at the differnce in these two images from the eBay listing.
Good eye! After 10 minutes of comparing mirrors on eBay, I feel 99% confident that I got a set of Sky mirrors. Crap.

It looks like Sky's have 3 bolts and one metal stud/tab whereas Solstices seem to have 3 bolts and 2 stud/tabs.

61 - 80 of 122 Posts