Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

81 - 100 of 117 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Taking a look at mine i got a sky set. I went through his listings and in my particular color(yellow) he has both types of mounts. Im sure he wasnt aware of the difference. I contacted him about an exchange and maybe he has both types for other colors.

·
Premium Member
897 Posts
Discussion Starter #82
Taking a look at mine i got a sky set. I went through his listings and in my particular color(yellow) he has both types of mounts. Im sure he wasnt aware of the difference. I contacted him about an exchange and maybe he has both types for other colors.
Good to know Robert, keep us posted on the exchange status.

Are we POSITIVE that a sky set won't bolt on?

·
Premium Member
360 Posts
Will we see...

This is not an April Fools post...I made this seller an offer for a pair of the mirrors and it was accepted at $42.56 Found out last night and sent the seller a message mentioning I wanted a pair for a Solstice and mentioned the mount arrangement. Sent a good photo I found on Red Line Auto Parts that clearly shows a Solstice mirror mounting arrangement. I've not heard back. eBay opened an "Unpaid item case opened for 131160114534" but that's what they like to do if you don't pay in 30 seconds! The part numbers are in that auction and they are for a Solstice mirror according to GM Parts Direct. "This part fits your 2007 Pontiac Solstice Mirror Outside - GM (25881950)" 25881950 and 25881949 are listed in the auction. I hope that is right.

I sent another message saying I'm waiting for a reply and will pay accordingly. eBay transactions have been fraught with problems this year. After almost 20 years buying stuff it may be time to stop.

I will also post what I find out. There's something to the old adage that if it sounds too good to be true it probably is not true. Would be nice if occasionally things could be straight up.

Richard Snipes

·
Premium Member
1,004 Posts
The pin on the sky mirror looks lower and not as centered as the one on the solstice mirror.

Just in case anyone is thinking of removing the extra stud to make them fit, that won't work either as the spacing between the bolt studs are off just enough to keep them from fitting correctly in the mounting holes.

·
Premium Member
360 Posts
A way to use the Sky mirrors

It was so simple I did not think of it until this morning...simply replace the doors with Sky door and the mirrors will fit. Obviously this is a holey problem and a holy solution, or not.

Anyone know if the power assembly can be transferred to a manual mirror? Or...if the bases can simply be swapped?

Ah, the little gray cells are thinking, solution...look in the archives for heated, turn signal, electrochromatic door mirror mod. https://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/f62/heated-out-side-mirrors-turn-signals-61945/index4.html

Richard Snipes

·
Super Moderator
5,869 Posts
Aren't the door skins different shapes? I would think that adding or elongating the mounting holes would be simpler, unless the door skin shape is different at the mirror.

Some of this comes down to why you are getting a spare mirror.

·
Registered
23 Posts
It was so simple I did not think of it until this morning...simply replace the doors with Sky door and the mirrors will fit. Obviously this is a holey problem and a holy solution, or not.

Anyone know if the power assembly can be transferred to a manual mirror? Or...if the bases can simply be swapped?

Ah, the little gray cells are thinking, solution...look in the archives for heated, turn signal, electrochromatic door mirror mod. https://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/f62/heated-out-side-mirrors-turn-signals-61945/index4.html

Richard Snipes
Based on that thread and comparing my mirrors to that Solstice, I have the correct Sky mirrors as my mount is different. Whew...

·
Registered
3 Posts
08 gxp for sale

Just posted my 2008 GXP on Craigslist Ft Myers/Port Charlotte for sale

fortmyers.craigslist.org/chl/cto/d/port-charlotte-2008-pontiac-solstice-gxp/6870084953.html

found out I posted incorrect vin# correct is:

1G2MG35X38Y106299

·
Premium Member
897 Posts
Discussion Starter #98
Has any one bought the
Fancy Jack Pads
https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F281186322486
I'm thinking of buying them.
Has anyone had tried to use hockey pucks for jack pads ?
I ordered 4 hockey pucks off eBay and use them for pads.

Heads up - The first time I ever used one I heard a popping sound that I was convinced was the hockey puck splitting into thirty pieces. I quickly lowered the car and inspected the puck, only to find that it was just fine.

·
Premium Member
961 Posts
81 - 100 of 117 Posts