Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

141 - 146 of 146 Posts

·
Registered
480 Posts
That seller is optimistic! $1000.00 and it is water damaged and showing plenty of other wear. But it is something I have not seen before.

·
Premium Member
428 Posts
Back in the day these were called Dealer Showroom Albums. One per dealership, so some could become quite rare. I'm not sure about the statement about materials having to be returned to Pontiac. I was told, however, that when Pontiac and Saturn were discontinued, GM ordered all material and items with the names or logos back to GM central, apparently for destruction. Talk about stupid. I did mention to the party who told me about this that the local Buick GMC dealership, where I order parts, still has Pontiac and Saturn service signs displayed below the Buick and GMC mastheads at their entrance, so not everything disappeared.

This is why I have Dealer Albums for cars I have, and have had, that are of interest to me, with all the inserts present. Often you'd find the GTO and Trans Am guys taking those pages from albums. Sometimes an intact and complete album can be quite expensive. They were made to only have a 12 month life span. My 1954 Pontiac album has fabric samples, color overlays and paper animation features (for the 365 way manual seat). I think it was 365 variations of movement... My 1964 album is only the contents as the binder was missing, but at $10 in the '80's, it's been a fine reference piece. Who knows, maybe I'll find a binder before I'm gone. Gonna be a great estate sale!

Richard Snipes

·
Premium Member
419 Posts

·
Registered
7,215 Posts

·
Registered
7,215 Posts

·
Registered
480 Posts
If they have it in stock for the under $35 price that is a steal! They usually sell for well over $100 plus shipping.

141 - 146 of 146 Posts