Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Member FDIC
1,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone think the interior would also look good if it was available in leather with black/gray instead of black/tan. I think they should offer that as an option, as well as dual exhausts and maybe an option to change the color of the front grill. I hope when they make the forced induction model they won't make the front fascia look worse. Leave it the same of hopefully make it look better. What's everyone else thinik?

·
Premium Member
10,464 Posts
dcardreams said:
Does anyone think the interior would also look good if it was available in leather with black/gray instead of black/tan. I think they should offer that as an option, as well as dual exhausts and maybe an option to change the color of the front grill. I hope when they make the forced induction model they won't make the front fascia look worse. Leave it the same of hopefully make it look better. What's everyone else thinik?
The interior is Black/Gray not Tan with the Ebony leather option.

·
Member FDIC
1,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The way I understand it from the pontiac website and from various pictures is that in cloth the interior is black and gray. If you chose leather, it's either all black, or black and tan. I'm saying they should offer the cloth colors in leather. So gray and black leather, instead of just all black. I would like a gray and black leather interior instead of all black or black and tan.

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
dcardreams said:
The way I understand it from the pontiac website and from various pictures is that in cloth the interior is black and gray. If you chose leather, it's either all black, or black and tan. I'm saying they should offer the cloth colors in leather. So gray and black leather, instead of just all black. I would like a gray and black leather interior instead of all black or black and tan.
Sorry there is no black and tan. Steel and sand looks great in my cool Solstice.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Deep Interior

I was able to meet up with a Cool and and a Deep at a local car club show yesterday. Both were gorgeous. The interior in the Deep was a black/gray leather combo and it looked great. The gray parts of the leather, along with the gray of the interior plastic trim looked to be just the right shade to accent the deep blue exterior. I stood there with the owners for a couple of hours and must have heard 50 people say they had never seen (or even heard of) a solstice but after seeing these two were going to seriously consider one...especially after hearing the price.

Speaking of the price, does anyone else enjoy playing "guess what the base price is for this car?" when showing somebody the car, live or in a picture? Pretty much everyone says something around 35-40K.

·
Registered
92 Posts
With the Ebony Leather interior the seats, door panels , etc. are all balck. The only gray I have in mine is aroung the instrument cluster. I have seen pictures on this forum where the interiors look gray but I assumed that it was from the lighting

·
Registered
156 Posts
AFSOC 1st Sgt said:
I was able to meet up with a Cool and and a Deep at a local car club show yesterday. Both were gorgeous. The interior in the Deep was a black/gray leather combo and it looked great. The gray parts of the leather, along with the gray of the interior plastic trim looked to be just the right shade to accent the deep blue exterior. I stood there with the owners for a couple of hours and must have heard 50 people say they had never seen (or even heard of) a solstice but after seeing these two were going to seriously consider one...especially after hearing the price.

Speaking of the price, does anyone else enjoy playing "guess what the base price is for this car?" when showing somebody the car, live or in a picture? Pretty much everyone says something around 35-40K.

Yep, I ask every one who looks and the average is 45K with the range from 35-65K ( 65K those that know what a Boxster costs and think the Solstice looks better).

·
Member FDIC
1,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That's exactly what I'm seeing Alan S. Either leather ebony/sand or leather ebony with the silver guage cluster but otherwise all black. When I mean ebony/gray leather I mean gray on the seats just like the cloth colors.

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
dcardreams said:
That's exactly what I'm seeing Alan S. Either leather ebony/sand or leather ebony with the silver guage cluster but otherwise all black. When I mean ebony/gray leather I mean gray on the seats just like the cloth colors.
There is no ebony/sand combination.

·
Member FDIC
1,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Steel/sand is basically ebony/sand. The "steel" is black just like "ebony" is black. That's why I'm just saying black/tan/gray instead of using their fancy terms. If you go to the website and compare steel and ebony they look the same.

·
Premium Member
10,464 Posts
dcardreams said:
Steel/sand is basically ebony/sand. The "steel" is black just like "ebony" is black. That's why I'm just saying black/tan/gray instead of using their fancy terms. If you go to the website and compare steel and ebony they look the same.
The reason we are correcting you is because the steel has more of a blue tint to it, it is not the Ebony (black) that are in the Ebony cars.
You have to see the colors in person as oppose to the web site, the computer display just does not give you the true shades.

·
2,574 Posts
dcardreams said:

No, the steel is not at all as you describe. It actually sometimes almost looks on the blue side of gray/silver, also the ebony leather isn't quite dark enough to be black. It is noticably lighter in person, but still nowhere near the steel. Not trying to be difficult, it's confusing until you see them in person AND under different lighting conditions :)

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
it's confusing until you see them in person AND under different lighting conditions
Exactly. You can't go by the samples on the Pontiac website. They look much different in person.

·
Member FDIC
1,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Okay that helps. Makes more sense now. Thanks

·
Registered
67 Posts
I ordered the Ebony leather. I just wish it really was black, its way too light and more like a mid to dark gray. At least it matches up with the dash I guess.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts