Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just plunked down to get in a very short line for a mean (yellow) 08 and asked about ebony/sand interior and was told if I get the yellow the only color option in leather is ebony. Can you folks chime in on this because it surprised me a bit. Was thinking the tan/sand color would look good on a yellow car.

·
Registered
4,789 Posts
I just plunked down to get in a very short line for a mean (yellow) 08 and asked about ebony/sand interior and was told if I get the yellow the only color option in leather is ebony. Can you folks chime in on this because it surprised me a bit. Was thinking the tan/sand color would look good on a yellow car.
I believe the new 08 models should have an option for ebony/sand. The steel/sand combination was done away with for the 08 models.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yea deal was that if you picked the yellow black was only option not the black&tan seemed odd to me that an exterior color dictates the interior.

·
Registered
3,512 Posts
I'm not really surprised. When the Solstice first came out, you couldn't get the sand & steel interior on the green and I believe the red cars. After they realized a lot of people wanted these combos they added the option. I guess someone at Pontiac decided yellow wouldn't look good with the two tone interior.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I wish they would let you order the two tone on the GXP. I would then be all over that. My past three cars have been two-tone and won't have it any other way. No two-tone = deal killer for me.

·
Registered
3,461 Posts
I agree. Not having the option of a ebony and tan interior in the GXP is just plain stupid. :devil: :devil: :devil:

If you really want the black and tan you could get a Sky.

·
Registered
318 Posts
on my 07 Yellow Sol I have an all black leather interior interior and the dash has the grey inlay's in the design and it looks great.
Black and yellow... a bee's *ss!!!

I tell ya man I love this car.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I bought a 2006 black Solstice with 20,800 miles on it. The interior it tan and cream colored- it this considered an option? Also were chrome rims an option, I am thinking of getting chrome rims with new tires and keeping the original tires and wheels intact. I bought it because the exterior has fewer paint chips than my blue one with 64,000 miles has.

·
Premium Member
2,150 Posts
in 06 the tan/gray color was standard. Chrome wheels were always and option. Put some decent tires on it since NA tires are terrible! Enjoy your ride.

·
Registered
9 Posts
The seats are tan and cream, are the centers leather? The very front of the driver's seat looks like leather that could use some type of leather treatment. I tried the helper springs for the truck springs on the blue one, but I haven't found the correct combination. When I close the trunk they pop off after a few closings. Wish I could find a kit or ones that I could just put on without modifications. We have to pull the trunk open when the top is down, because of the weak spring action.

·
Premium Member
3,949 Posts
searching the forum for your answers is easy with google. Try this in the google search :
trunk springs site:solsticeforum.com

·
Premium Member
1,596 Posts
type TRUNK SPRINGS SHOT in the search feature. lots of good ideas in that thread.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I would like to see pictures of the German strut fix. I really don't want to take the rear of the car apart to replace the factory springs- I don't think I will be showing it.

·
Registered
241 Posts
type TRUNK SPRINGS SHOT in the search feature. lots of good ideas in that thread.
I missed that thread somehow the first time around. Great work with the custom bracket/ spring. I may give that a shot soon, or may try to make my own brackets for a strut setup. Still debating. Thanks for sharing the design and dimensions with the forum.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts