Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered the Sly color with the Sand/Grey Leather interior , my unit is slated to be built. How does everybody like that color combo?. I have not seen one yet. Not sure if I should have went with a all Black or Gray interior. Oh well just looking for some feedback. Thanks

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
DanWheaton said:
I ordered the Sly color with the Sand/Grey Leather interior , my unit is slated to be built. How does everybody like that color combo?. I have not seen one yet. Not sure if I should have went with a all Black or Gray interior. Oh well just looking for some feedback. Thanks
Have you checked the gallery?

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
A wise decision........

DanWheaton said:
You will be happy, those are the colors that were used with most of the promo materials and Pontiac brochures..... :yesnod:

·
Premium Member
5,691 Posts
DanWheaton said:
Have not checked the gallery, will now thanks!!!!!
You should definitely try to see the combo in person. My short time behind the wheel tells me that while driving you are not paying much attention to the interior color in front of you but to the whole experience. Parked is a different story.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I was in two deep (blue) cars with the two-tone interior and noticed that the interior door panal had a bluish tint to them rather than the slate color. The dealer indicated the blue ones had this color due to the outside color. Has anyone noticed this blue tint on other ones?

·
Registered
3,512 Posts
sly-sol said:
I was in two deep (blue) cars with the two-tone interior and noticed that the interior door panal had a bluish tint to them rather than the slate color. The dealer indicated the blue ones had this color due to the outside color. Has anyone noticed this blue tint on other ones?
The deep (blue) cars don't use a different color interior panel. It is more likely an effect of the light grey door panel being against the dark blue background of the exterior, bringing out more of the blue tones in the grey. I have seen one car with the steel and sand interior, and the door panels and waterfall compartment are a much lighter grey than what is on the seats. Lighter colors tend to be effected more by the other colors around them then darker colors are.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Dengel- I also ordered a sly with two tone. When you get your car let me know what it looks like. The ones that were deep almost appear to be three colors. I wonder why they did not try and match the slate color of the seats on the interior trim. I wonder if the ebony interior has the same mis-match look to it.

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
I have deep with two-tone and in the sun the "steel" looks blue, amd too light for my taste, think gray would have been better. But, since the only other choice was black (way too hot for a roadster) I settled for the two tone. PS: A little vinyl protectant helps. At least it give the blue a gloss!

·
Registered
265 Posts
well i ordered a sly with the black leather interior.. i'll let ya know what i think of it when i get it and post up some pics.. i considered the two-tone but think the all grey/black was more my taste.

·
Registered
50 Posts
scottjl said:
well i ordered a sly with the black leather interior.. i'll let ya know what i think of it when i get it and post up some pics.. i considered the two-tone but think the all grey/black was more my taste.
I'm thinking of ordering the came color combination - can you post some pics some I can see Sly with the Black interior? Mucho gracias.

·
Premium Member
9,965 Posts
scottjl said:
Yep-although I only had one choice when I ordered, the only other color I would have considered with Aggressive would have been tan leather. Black should be fabulous!!

·
Registered
729 Posts

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
Sly with Two-tone interior was the default combonation for the longest time. Prototypes and Models showed that.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Mysterious with Steel/Sand. Everyone that sees my car comments on how great the interior looks with the black outside. I love it. IMO.

·
Registered
316 Posts
DanWheaton said:
I have had #382 in this color since 9/8 and I love the look. I ordered it because that's the color of the pictured prototype that attracted me to the car so much. I have seen other combos and think they look good too. It is a personal preference and I agree that one should try to see the colors in person, if possible, before making any final decision. But I dont regret Sly with the Sand twotone at all.

·
Registered
401 Posts
sly-sol said:
Yes, I saw Vin #56, it was pointed out to me and then I could not help noticing it. This is also a deep. The tint almost look purple. Because of this tint on the door panels and behind the seats, they did not match the dash of betwen the seats. I figured that is why this car took over two months to be deliveried. I had seen this interior in Detriot and did not notice this. I did not like the way it looked. Had almost order deep with two tone, now glad the wife said she wanted Sly with Black leather. Will not let her know she was right!

·
Registered
3,512 Posts
sly-sol said:
Dengel- I also ordered a sly with two tone. When you get your car let me know what it looks like. The ones that were deep almost appear to be three colors. I wonder why they did not try and match the slate color of the seats on the interior trim. I wonder if the ebony interior has the same mis-match look to it.
Well, I haven't received my car yet, but I did have the chance to see two First 1000 cars that were delivered to my dealer. One with the two-tone interior (mceb's) and one with the ebony leather. Both interiors are what I would term multi-colored.

The steel/sand uses at least two shades of grey. The door panels and upper part of the dash are much lighter than the grey on the seats and the driver's "cockpit" portion of the dash.

The ebony leather isn't a "true" black interior, either. I would say it is more a mixture of grey/charcoal/black.

I would say the ebony cloth is probably similar, although I haven't seen it in person. The swatch of the fabric appears like a grey/black weave rather than a solid black.

I don't think this method of using "coordinating" shades is uncommon for Pontiac. My 1999 Grand Prix has a "tan" interior, which is actually made up of about three different shades of tan/brown, with grey shifter/steering wheel/accents.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.