Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Has anyone done a photochop of the interiors yet. In the show cars we've seen 2 different color combos...

1) dark grey/beige
2) all dark grey

I'd like to see what an all beige interior looks like (don't know if this will be a choice or not). Would look great on a black or dark blue Sol.

I've been messing with my graphics software but I only know how to do the basic stuff.

Attachments

·
5,600 Posts
I've got to be honest here. The grey/tan interior sucks. I don't like it one bit. Grey and tan do not go together and never have, outside of some Military's desert armor camouflage.

All grey is OK, as is all tan. Two tone is a great option. But someone was smoking some serious locoweed when they approved the Concept Car to be shown with that ugly interior.

I'll have to deal with it and get a monotone interior of one flavor or another. I vastly prefer all tan over all grey. We'll see what they do for year 2.

Jimbo

·
5,600 Posts
Just to clarify, I meant the ugly color combination. The interior design itself is very nice looking and much nicer than the busy Sky interior, which seems more Japanese designed to me by contrast. Now a black and tan interior might well have worked. But grey and tan? No way.

·
Premium Member
554 Posts
I wouldn't mind the black and red of the sky :smile

·
Registered
118 Posts
Red

Give me an all black dash, door panels, and center console with red leather seats to sit inside my silver exterior and I am :D
Or all black everything with a yellow exterior...
Or all tan interior with either black or BRG exterior and a tan top...I don't know what I want :willy:

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I kind of like the 2 tone grey/tan...anyone else? I admit it's a little different :lol

I'll continue my attempt to photoshop an all tan interior.

·
Registered
183 Posts
I'm getting the grey/tan if I buy one. The all black interior looks way to plain to me. Red would be nice. I've always wanted a car with red interior but they're kinda hard to come by.

·
Premium Member
4,041 Posts
Interior Color

I think the use of a monotone color scheme will deminish the overall look of the car. I own a 2000 Miata that sports a full black interior and the interior looks too bland. Let's see what combos GM gives us. If their colors are as good as their basic design, we should be pleased, even for those of us who like the grey/tan interior.

·
Registered
185 Posts
mceb said:
I kind of like the 2 tone grey/tan...anyone else? I admit it's a little different :lol

I'll continue my attempt to photoshop an all tan interior.

Strangely enought, I also like the grey/tan combo. All grey is too dark, I'm not sure about all tan yet.

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
Welcome Miata Man!!!

So far I'm liking the base grey color I've seen in some images. Black can be killer here in FL when the suns out. More then likely I'll actually stick with the normal cloth seats. If they offer a sport seat in the grey I'd love that.

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
I like the grey and tan interior. It’s a highly subjective thing, and more people may prefer a black and tan interior to the grey and tan, but I think it looks good.

Miata Man said:
I think the use of a monotone color scheme will deminish the overall look of the car. I own a 2000 Miata that sports a full black interior and the interior looks too bland. Let's see what combos GM gives us. If their colors are as good as their basic design, we should be pleased, even for those of us who like the grey/tan interior.
Welcome Miata Man!

I agree with you. Monotone interiors can be kind of bland. Especially black. I had an all black interior in my 97 Ford Probe. It was ok, but a little boring. Other probes of that year had a black and tan interior and they looked great. I wish I had gotten that one, but I ended up taking what was available at the time.

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
I'm liking the grey/tan interior. I think black/tan would have been good too. Either way I'm getting the two tone, no way I'm going generic mono black. :cheers

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
OK so it looks like leather wise we get 2 choices,
EBONY or GRANITE/SAND(TWO TONE)

The granite in the 2 tone appears grey on some pictures and much darker in others. Never sure what you are seeing with these show cars, some could have older interior colors, who knows?

What to you think of the GRANITE/SAND(TWO TONE) on a darker exterior (black, blue or green). This assumes it is the darker granite (not grey). I'm really not digging the straight monotone black.

Here's the pic of the SI Sol which you would hope is production. It appears to have the darker.

I hope we get pictures on the web site before ordering begins.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Here's a couple of pictures of the difference. One is from LA show in Jan where 2 tone looks lighter grey and tan and the 2nd pic is from new Pontiac website where it looks much darker (closer to black).

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,691 Posts
I like the darker look of the car on the pontiac website and think maybe the showcars were/are experiments in combinations. Do we even have any shots of monotone leather OR cloth? (not that I would get cloth on this car)

·
Premium Member
5,691 Posts
Answered my own Q?, I think. Each of these appears to be monotone as far as seats. I've seen some monotone treatments from GM that actually use three shades of the same color. The "taupe" or sandstone leather in my 97 GTP was an example.

Attachments

·
Registered
185 Posts
mceb said:
What to you think of the GRANITE/SAND(TWO TONE) on a darker exterior (black, blue or green). This assumes it is the darker granite (not grey). I'm really not digging the straight monotone black.
:agree:
I think the granite/sand two tone with a dark outside color will look sharp (especially if it's the darker grey color shown on Pontiac's website). Personally, I'm leaning towards the dark green or dark blue with granite/sand two tone interior.

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
The more I see the darker grey/tan I agree achieftain I think the lighter grey/tan was custom designed to match the early grey show cars to give a matching look. The production 2 tone will be darker to go with the darker exteriors (most of their colors are dark exteriors). I'm still debating black exterior with 2 tone interior and like it more now that it's gotten darker.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Red

They goddamned better well offer the solstice in a red leather interior. It wouldn't be a Pontiac without some red in it *cries*

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
SMcKullie said:
They goddamned better well offer the solstice in a red leather interior. It wouldn't be a Pontiac without some red in it *cries*
From what we're believing is the official options list there is only grey cloth, grey leather, and Granite/Sand two tone leather interior. The Sky appears to have a Red/Black interior option though.

1 - 20 of 77 Posts