Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2008 Pontiac Solstice
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my interior is gray and beige and I wanted to start transitioning to a black/gray interior. I've installed fitted seat covers so all that I have left are the panels on the inside of the door. Has anyone tried/had success finding just the inner panel? I'm honestly about to just rip the thing out and paint it myself...

·
Registered
2008 Pontiac Solstice
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Do you mean the upholstered part of the panel that contains the grab handle and the switches or the whole door panel?
Specifically the upholstered part. Can it be removed individually or is it attached to the door panel?

·
Registered
6,993 Posts
It is atteched to the outer hard-plastic panel by welded plastic rivet/studs. The welds can be broken off and the panel removed, then you'll have to either glue it back on, or some have reported that they've drilled shallow holes in the studs and used short screws to reattach.

Definitely do-able

·
Premium Member
1,272 Posts
Soup is right. I ground off the plastic welds and then used short screws and small fender washers to reattach. Many have done this to reglue the upholstered portion,which has a tendency to come loose.

·
Registered
314 Posts
I used a center drill to remove the panel. The chamfer portion of the drill cut off the weld and the small part drilled a pilot hole for screws to reattach it. I used screws and fender washers Worked very well.

·
Registered
144 Posts
I used a different method of reattaching; I re-welded the plastic with a soldering iron. Any of the above methods will work.

·
Registered
2008 Pontiac Solstice
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm gathering that it'd be easiest to just replace the entire inner door panel? I've already removed the door panel when I replaced the speakers so I know it's not too terribly hard. I was just hoping there was an easy way to swap out just the center panel.

·
Registered
3,966 Posts
I was going to replace mine. Since my car is white with black T2 stripes, I was going to add white vinyl inserts. Haven't started the project yet as I'm not sure if I should use boat vinyl or furniture vinyl. Or if I really want white in an interior again. Had a convertible with all white interior....it was disgusting after just 4k miles and I vowed never again.

·
Registered
2008 Pontiac Solstice
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I was going to replace mine. Since my car is white with black T2 stripes, I was going to add white vinyl inserts. Haven't started the project yet as I'm not sure if I should use boat vinyl or furniture vinyl. Or if I really want white in an interior again. Had a convertible with all white interior....it was disgusting after just 4k miles and I vowed never again.
Yeah I don't think I could do white interior. She's my daily driver right now since I haven't been able to fix my truck, and my job isn't the cleanest. It's already enough of a struggle keeping her clean with the black and gray haha!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts