Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, for all of us that don't yet have a solstice and have yet to have the pleasure of sitting in one, could some of you take a picture or two from eye level while sitting in the driver seat?? Maybe just one of the road so that we can easily imagine ourselves sitting in the driver seat? And maybe one of the doorsill so we can get a sense of just how low in the car we are sitting?? I think I speak for all of us solstice-virgins by thanking the picture takers in advance.
Thanks

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
Marco,

I believe you said you were 6'2. Would you be able to take a pic of yourself somehow buy having the camera looking at you from the passenger side, eye level to see how much your eyes are under the top of the windshield, and how much your hear is above the top? (did that make sense?)
Thanks!
-Dylan

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
...and...

Marco said:
Here's a few for you including one looking back.
how about one looking to the drivers side window?
:cool:

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
IheartSolstice said:
Hey guys, for all of us that don't yet have a solstice and have yet to have the pleasure of sitting in one, could some of you take a picture or two from eye level while sitting in the driver seat?? Maybe just one of the road so that we can easily imagine ourselves sitting in the driver seat? And maybe one of the doorsill so we can get a sense of just how low in the car we are sitting?? I think I speak for all of us solstice-virgins by thanking the picture takers in advance.
Thanks
Check out my pics of a Pure pre-prod at my dealership, I took a drivers view pic. It gives a bit more perspective of the viewing area than Marco's pics I think, cause I included the windshield surround.

http://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5563

·
Registered
1,031 Posts

·
Registered
542 Posts
Noticed the radar detector....how fast have you gotten it? I've only taken it to 90 and I was happy with that...

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
wannasolstice2 said:
Noticed the radar detector....how fast have you gotten it? I've only taken it to 90 and I was happy with that...
A "friend" of mine, who stole the car brought it back and said he was doing 115 in 4th gear at 6000 rpm's ;)

But "he" could have gone faster

·
Registered
1,838 Posts

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
I've had the top up for 20 minutes in 3 weeks. My head fits fine though. I have a long torso, 32" inseam and yes, 6'2"

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hey guys thanks so much for putting up the pictures. Now we all can imagine ourselves in a sol a lot easier now! That's what this forum is all about - spreading information and excitement about a wonderful car. Thanks again.

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
Marco said:
I've had the top up for 20 minutes in 3 weeks. My head fits fine though. I have a long torso, 32" inseam and yes, 6'2"
Same dimensions as me. Sweeet. I am relieved that you are saying you fit just fine. I have been worrying for a loooong time!
thanks again marco

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
...great

Marco said:
Same inseam as me, but I am only 6', so should fit with room to spare.

Thanks for the pics.
:cool:

·
Registered
515 Posts
Marco said:
A "friend" of mine, who stole the car brought it back and said he was doing 115 in 4th gear at 6000 rpm's ;)

But "he" could have gone faster
Man, your "friend" is making me jealous. I've been a good owner and kept it under 3500rpm since I got a late start and only have 200 miles on it to date.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Chris said:
Man, your "friend" is making me jealous. I've been a good owner and kept it under 3500rpm since I got a late start and only have 200 miles on it to date.
I crossed 2000 today. My friend waited till it had about a 1000.

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
Here's couple from when I was on vacation. Camera distorts view a bit but it's close. I tend to keep the seat back a lot, I like my legs out almost straight. The clutch catches high up.

I'm 5'7" and have perfect view of gauges while driving.

Attachments

1 - 19 of 19 Posts