Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Out of the interior selections; steel/sand and ebony. Would it be correct to say that the ebony interior will be the first to fade, due to the darkness of the material? If so, im lucky... I ordered the steel/sand. :cool:

·
Premium Member
4,041 Posts
The black cloth on my Miata seats has held its color well. The underside of my top has really faded since it's a real pain to carry the tonneau with you and to put it on every time you decide to go topless. The seats should hold up well though, even in black.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Ive ordered an aggressive red exterior color and my dealer told me only ebony was available with that exterior color. Is that true? Were there only certain color combinations of interior and exterior colors?

·
Registered
121 Posts
Oklahoma said:
Ive ordered an aggressive red exterior color and my dealer told me only ebony was available with that exterior color. Is that true? Were there only certain color combinations of interior and exterior colors?
Well, that's the only upgrade interior available for Aggressive or Envious. You could still get the base cloth seats with either but no steel/sand. This has caused much hand-wringing and rending of garments here on the forum. As far as I know no one here knows why that would be unavailable on just those two colors.

There was some speculation here that the steel in the steel/sand interior is actually kinda blue. I still think it's grey but I certainly don't know that for a fact. If it is in fact bluish then it probably would clash with red or green. Just a thought.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Even though darker colored interiors usually look more expensive when new I would always go for the lighter offerings. Not only do they stay looking good for a long time but also hide dust a whole lot better. On black surfaces you can tell more easily what parts have been handled the most as the car ages.

As far as seats go though you can always have them reupholstered :)

·
Registered
50 Posts
Anyone Ordered Aggressive with Steel and Tan Interior?

:lurk: I've only seen the Aggressive with Ebony. Any one ordered Aggressive with Steel and Tan? The Pontiac web site lets you order those two together. Any pics posted on the forum with that color combo please send me in the right direction.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Fade.......

dylan01 said:
Out of the interior selections; steel/sand and ebony. Would it be correct to say that the ebony interior will be the first to fade, due to the darkness of the material? If so, im lucky... I ordered the steel/sand. :cool:
Ebony would seem to fade sooner than steel/sand.....
:yesnod:

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
I've always preferred the way that dark/black interiors age compared to light interiors. I haven't ever seen fading become an issue for me. My last 'vert was 10 years old and had 100,000 miles on it and the interior still looked like new ... even the seats. And I've seen a number of even older cars with black interiors wear extremely well. On the other hand, I can't even think of a car that I've seen with a light interior that got anywhere close to 100,000 miles without looking kind of old and dingy. No matter how clean you try to keep them, dirt seems to get in and eventually seems to end up making the seats look bad, even after a thourough cleaning.

Oh well ... that's just my two cents ... go for it if you love the Sand/Steel interior, but I really don't think the effects of aging are going to be more kind to it in any possible way. I've never seen fading to be an issue in the black interiors that I've had and, unless one part fades more rapidly than another, you really wouldn't notice it even if it did, because it would just look like a slightly lighter "shade" of black. Note that the black in this car (and most cars) is not really a true ink-black, but more of a very dark charcoal-gray, so the effects of fading shouldn't be an issue.

·
2,574 Posts
Salamander said:
Well, that's the only upgrade interior available for Aggressive or Envious. You could still get the base cloth seats with either but no steel/sand. This has caused much hand-wringing and rending of garments here on the forum. As far as I know no one here knows why that would be unavailable on just those two colors.

There was some speculation here that the steel in the steel/sand interior is actually kinda blue. I still think it's grey but I certainly don't know that for a fact. If it is in fact bluish then it probably would clash with red or green. Just a thought.
That is no longer true the steel and sand is now available with these colors. This changed about a month ago and has been verified by dealer/members here. :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
interior color option woes....

I was under the impression the dash and doors were the two-tone sand/steel combo....which is why I selected the same for my leather seating. However, I finally got the chance to see an actual vehicle at my dealership....a pre-production model, however. This model was pure (white) exterior with everything inside ebony....seats, dash, doors, carpet. Can someone please verify for sure that the dash and doors will be ebony if ebony is selected for the seating??? Thanks!!

·
Registered
90 Posts
I have the Steel/Sand interior. I have found that the light sand color is getting discolored fast and that the drivers' seat is getting a worn look at only 1500 miles. I'm only 5'8" and weigh 150lbs... I don't think it's due to my weight. I've conditioned the leather with Lexol, Iv'e used that on all my leather cars and it's kept it looking like new. Anyone else noticed this?

·
Premium Member
10,404 Posts
lovnlife said:
I was under the impression the dash and doors were the two-tone sand/steel combo....which is why I selected the same for my leather seating. However, I finally got the chance to see an actual vehicle at my dealership....a pre-production model, however. This model was pure (white) exterior with everything inside ebony....seats, dash, doors, carpet. Can someone please verify for sure that the dash and doors will be ebony if ebony is selected for the seating??? Thanks!!
I have an aggressive with ebony interior and the whole interior is ebony (different shades of ebony though) but it looks pretty darn good.
The steel/sand combination in this car which I originally wanted , would not look good at all do to the color of the steel.

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
lovnlife said:
I was under the impression the dash and doors were the two-tone sand/steel combo
Nope ... like LV said, the ebony uses only shades of black and gray. The colors from the sand/steel combination are only on the sand/steel interior option. I think part of the confusion may have started because people mentioned that even the ebony uses a two-tone effect on the doors and dash (but it's with the different black tones).

1 - 13 of 13 Posts