Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off, I would like to say that I'm greatly impressed by the fact that the automarket is understanding that design is something that shouldn't be the last on the to-do list in building cars anymore. While I believe that the solstice is one of the best representations of that fact, I do believe that we all can agree that there are certain things that this car could use to push it over the edge and make it really stand out even further. I was curious as to whether anyone else thought that seeing the interior wrapped in leather would really be something that would be enough of a demand for someone to consider to offer as an aftermarket idea. I'm talking the dash, doors console, the whole thing. I've seen the SEMA shots of the suede in the weekend racer, I would really like to see it covered in some nice, black leather much like the new Ford/Shelby GT 500 concept that came out last year. Anyway, just curious what everyone's thoughts were on that seeing how I've noticed the cheap interior plastics were something of notice.

·
Registered
729 Posts
Well, hello fellow Fort Worth guy!!

As far as doing the whole interior in leather, if you mean the dash too, I would definitely have to see a picture for an example. I can only picture plastic and woodgrain on a dash and other parts with a little metal mixed in.

- bspate -

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Here are some images of the Shelby concept I was referring to.
http://planetmustang.com/svtshelbygt500cobra/imagepage8.htm
http://planetmustang.com/svtshelbygt500cobra/imagepage29.htm
This car is a true testiment that cars were meant to be fun, not just to drive but to look like as well. It's meant to evoke an emotional response, one that makes you enjoy every drive. Time spent inside this should maintain the same ideal, and while they accomplished an interior that was both interesting and unique, I still feel the material choices should at least be up to snuff with the rest of the car. I know GM does the parts bin thing, and I think the H3 AC knobs work well, but I think they should also offer as part of the options an interior upgrade. Maybe not the full on leather treatment like the above examples, which would be nice, but maybe have the door inserts a nice leather and the swooped area that goes from the console to the dash be a matted aluminum-type finish. I know they want to keep the cost down, but I think upgrade options like that would certainly be something people would get onboard with.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts