Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok i know this has been mentioned before, but consider this my official request for an Introduction forum.

There will be tons of people joining now through to the launch of the car and i think it's nice to have a place for them to go and post and be welcomed instead of jumping into a discussion :)

this is my local motorcycle forum - you can see the layout they have there and most newbies are welcomed with open arms!

http://www.gtamotorcycle.com

·
5,600 Posts
I like this idea. I would like to see a forum where newbies won't get flamed. I don't know a single other person around me who has heard of the Solstice. When the TV adds begin to air, there is going to be an avalanche (sorry, wrong model...) of new people here asking the same questions over and over about the Solstice. It would be nice to direct them to a forum where they aren't seeing exploding head every other post.

I think we can be too jaded, too impatient with the brand new members. I sincerely appreciate how it can happen. But it would be nice to be able to welcome their stupid ques... uh, I mean their enthusiastic new questions without scaring them away or making them think this is a rude forum, which by all means it is not. It is a very polite and welcoming forum.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Troy Roberts said:
Ok. I'll get one setup. :cheers:

cool thanks! maybe in that forum, where people can post their "Newbie here!" threads, you can have a sticky at the top that CLEARLY directs them to the FAQ and perhaps kindly asks them to take a look before posting questions :)

thanks Troy! :cheers:

kris

·
Registered
284 Posts
I set one up like on SkyRoadster first. That will have a FAQ and basic questions answered.

That might be enough. We could try just letting general intros go in the OT or Solstice General sections to see how it works. If they get to be too much we can setup another section for new member intros, etc...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts