Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys... i did this in the main forum, but no1 replied, so i figured id post it in an area a little closer to home... since i guess this is the closest group to Miami/Ft.Lauderdale...

Hello everyone!

I know I'm a little late at this, but I haven't really been on a forum since I had my neon. I wanted to put in a little introduction to everyone and take a moment to say hello!

Anyhow, I own a 2009 GXP, White on Black. I have had the car since it was dropped at the dealership. It had 9 miles on it, and i knew as soon as i saw it that it was the one for me. I had been looking at general cars for purchase to start a new project with, and was really up in the air about what I wanted to do; but as soon as i saw the car, I knew it was it.

Anyhow, My name is Chad V. Romano, I am a Car Audio competitor in the Pro class. I work for Epsilon Electronics (Precision Power, Soundstream, etc...). I have been building cars and trucks since I was 8 year old. I got into Car Audio when Patrick Gates (Son of Alma Gates - "The Queen of Bass") and I met at a car show and we became good friends. I have won 5 World Championships for both Sound and Car Shows between, IASCA, MECA, USACi, Tuner Jam, NOPI, HIN and everything in between. I started competing in SPL (LOUD) and slowly moved into Sound Quality.

I had a 2002, Dodge Neon that had pretty much won every show circuit; and I knew it was time to do something new... Enters the Solstice. The car has been gone since November 2010, out of the State of Florida with my builder. I am not able to share who is building it yet, untill next week at Spring Break Nationals, where it was be unveiled. I can tell you that the person doing the install is a multi-time world champion, and was rated Number 1 installer in the world by ME Magazine.

Anywho, Enough about me, i just wanted to say hello to everyone and i look forward to chatting with each of you!

Here is some future mods i am looking at and curious at input for them:

GMP Turbo upgrade
GMP CAI Intake \
GMP Cat-Back exhuast....

those are the mods i am looking to do when the car comes back next week. Any input would be awesome!!!

Thanks a lot guys, and Look forward to chatting!!!

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
I'm looking forward to seeing your mods! There is always room for some real experience!

Jim :cool:

·
Super Moderator
16,051 Posts
Welcome. Great choice of cars. But I must warn you, once you start modding the car and see the performance changes, and see the reaction of the general public to your car, you will want more and more and MORE mods. I mean, I started with simple stripes I applied, and ended up with custom paint, custom interior, two sets of wheels and tires, 3 WindRestricters, hell two cars! Now my disease is up to a custom painted truck and trailer to haul around my LS3 equipped car!

But I think you are in for a whole lot of fun.

·
Premium Member
2,319 Posts
Well. Hello. It would seem you would have no difficulty hearing the radio above the wind noise with the top down! Congratulations, and good luck.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the welcome everyone!!! Thanks for the Heads up Ron, I know the feeling!!! I have been stuck with "The Bug" for years!!! I have a few trucks that where in mini-Trucking magazine, and my neon was shot for a few magazines as well...

here is a shot of the Neon:

And my older Dakota:

I will have new shots of the Solstice when i get it back from the install next friday and come home from its first show!!!

i'm super excited!!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts