Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. It's good to see enthusiasm has generated a forum already - forums are the best place bar none for support, help, questions and comraderie when it comes to automobiles.

I'm a 24 year old second time student, currently carless (and not minding it). The Solstice caught my eye with it's concept debut in both forms; I was pleasantly reminded of the glory days of my dad's Datsun 240Z in it's character. While there were some design aspects I didn't agree with, the transition from concept to production has silenced almost all of them. I'll leave first year models to the more bold; it seems even the most 'together' of car makers can't banish all the gremlins from a new platform on it's launch.

My first car (not including hand-me-down '87 Plymouth Voyager and '89 Ford Thunderbird) was a '97 Eagle Talon, a hot rod bargain with a very robust community. Many good times with the car, I learned to love AWD snow drifting and the pull of a turbo; learned to hate dealerships and Mitsubishi quality.

So while I'm still a big fan of AWD and forced induction, I'd like to try something new, something RWD. My friend for a short while had a '99 Mazda Miata, and for the weekend he let me borrow it it was a blast to drive. It may have been an 8.5 to 60 car, but boy it felt fast.

So, who knows what will transpire, whether the funds will be in place or my attention swayed. For now I'd like to get in on the floor of this place.

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
Welcome to the forum! The Solstice does appear as if it will be a very fun roadster to own and drive. The pricing sounds right too (as long as they hold the line on their promises).

Just keep an ear to the ground for when these nice machines hit market, and get some good grades so you can find a job that will pay for one!

AWD and turbo is fun, and your DSM must have been a blast! If you don't get a Solstice right away, there is the possibility that GM will come out with one using the supercharged Ecotec. Still not AWD, and not exactly the same as a turbo, but its bound to be a fun car too!

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
solsticeman said:
also a rumor that may not be a future supercharged, it may be a future turbo.
That works too! I won't complain about any higher output version, as long as they don't drag their feet for too long making us wait!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts