Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just received this email:

YOU'RE INVITED!

As one of the elite First 1,000 Solstice customers, Pontiac and the Solstice Team would like to invite you to celebrate the beginning of Solstice retail order shipments to dealers. We have planned the festivities at our global headquarters for you and one guest, including a special appearance by GM Vice Chairman Bob Lutz. You may even have the opportunity to test drive a new Solstice!

Date:
Friday, August 5, 2005

Time:
1:00 pm ET

Etc., etc., etc.

I'm on vacation this week and will make plans to attend.

·
Registered
515 Posts
3 hours 15 minute drive :)

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Would they celebrate if the rest of us cancelled order?

That's just swell guys.

You are getting your cars first, we can live with that.

Then we find out you are getting your cars as ordered, but the rest of us have to put up with delays because of leather shortages or switch to cloth.

Today we find out our VINs aren't even going to be in the same series as yours.

And now this, you elite folks get invited to party!

Well it's too bad GM/Pontiac doesn't care about the rest of us, maybe we should all just cancel our orders now. :brentil:

Would they still be partying?

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Fortyninenorth said:
That's just swell guys.

Then we find out you are getting your cars as ordered, but the rest of us have to put up with delays because of leather shortages or switch to cloth.

Well it's too bad GM/Pontiac doesn't care about the rest of us, maybe we should all just cancel our orders now. :brentil:

Hang in there. It'll be worth it in the end.

·
Registered
504 Posts
Fortyninenorth said:
That's just swell guys.

Why don't you go to your nearest Tim Hortons and r-r-r-r- roll up the rim and chill....aaaah. :cool:

·
Registered
936 Posts
Just got the e-mail and will be there to party and drive a Solstice. I can't wait 8/5 Party at GM, 8/6 Norwalk Pontiac show, 8/7 Brickyard 400, 8/8 sleep all day. Hope to see many of you there. :party:

·
Registered
621 Posts
As much as I would love to go, I don't know if I can justify a $300 flight (orbitz out of Philly) + car rental. Driving is definitely out of the question. I do have availability for a rich guest if some one wants to chip in.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Drex said:
As much as I would love to go, I don't know if I can justify a $300 flight (orbitz out of Philly) + car rental. Driving is definitely out of the question. I do have availability for a rich guest if some one wants to chip in.
Try www.southwest.com.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Worth it?

13 hr drive for me. This will take some thought.

·
Registered
600 Posts
Just read the message. Wish I could attend. Still haying and taking care of my wife. Those that go, enjoy.

·
Registered
179 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Okay, hotel is book at the Mariott Renaissance, airline reservations and car rental done. Party in my room on 8/5!

:party:

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
~$400 for me since I would have to leave on the same day.

Thanks GM for giving someone that would like to attend only a 6 DAY notice and therefore making all flights SUPER expensive.

The best I could do would be to leave on the 4th at 10:30pm and drive 7 hours there to arrive at 5am. Then attend this invite and HAVE to leave at a reasonable time since I HAVE to be back in Syracuse for a wedding on Saturday.

Ugh...

·
Premium Member
481 Posts
I'll be there

Just got my e-mail this morning, only 1.5 hr drive for me.......of course I'll be there.

Very strange thing.......for some unknown reason, my work schedule had me scheduled off on Aug. 5th for the last two weeks and I hadn't asked for vacation or personal time. I just yesterday told them I could work that day, now I'll justify their foresight and take the day off.

1stK, deep, two-toned, loaded

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Detroit is a nine hour drive. Will have to think about this one. Would mean having to take two days off and this is our busy season. Sounds like fun though!

·
Premium Member
4,041 Posts
4 hours and 20 minutes according to Rand McNally. This will be my last Miata road trip!!! I'll be there. :party:

1 - 20 of 69 Posts