Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been showing pics. of the Solstice to friends and Family, And everyone keeps telling me that the Car looks like a $30,000.00 model.

I am starting to think they are right. I bet Pontiac will want closer to $25 grand plus. And add a dealer mark-up of $1000-$1500 at least for the first year.

I remember back in 1985 Dodge had Dealer mark-ups like that on the Caravans. The old supply and demand game. Mitch :rolleyes

·
Registered
13 Posts
20K MSRP 26,500 Loaded, True

Hello Everyone, I just took a Solstice out for a drive at the plant.
Absolutely amazing. Best car GM has coming out other than XLR and C6. I drove the C6 with out question, also wonderful to drive. The Solstice looks just like the concept car. That in itself is amazing for GM. I launched it from the hole and ripped it into second gear. YES, It's quick and nimble. However, it is small compared to most vehicles. But for a two seater WOW. I thought about buying a C6 corvette. That's alot of money. This car is going to sell out for sure. I am currently trying to find out how to get one ordered to make sure I can get my hands on one of these. If you like the way the car looks, driving the car and seeing it up close will sell the car itself. I believe the demand for this vehicle alone will drive the dealers to sell it way above the MSRP. I will keep you guys posted on my order status. let me know if you have any specific questions. I will answer them the best that I can. If idon't know the answer I most likely can get it answered. Rich

·
Registered
180 Posts
Rich006 said:
Hello Everyone, I just took a Solstice out for a drive at the plant.
Absolutely amazing. Best car GM has coming out other than XLR and C6. I drove the C6 with out question, also wonderful to drive. The Solstice looks just like the concept car. That in itself is amazing for GM. I launched it from the hole and ripped it into second gear. YES, It's quick and nimble. However, it is small compared to most vehicles. But for a two seater WOW. I thought about buying a C6 corvette. That's alot of money. This car is going to sell out for sure. I am currently trying to find out how to get one ordered to make sure I can get my hands on one of these. If you like the way the car looks, driving the car and seeing it up close will sell the car itself. I believe the demand for this vehicle alone will drive the dealers to sell it way above the MSRP. I will keep you guys posted on my order status. let me know if you have any specific questions. I will answer them the best that I can. If idon't know the answer I most likely can get it answered. Rich
OK Rich, tells us about the roof and truck space!
Good to see you on the forum

·
4,592 Posts
airbalancer said:
Tell us about the Trunk and top. How the top connects to the trunk, and the steps to take it up and down. How much trunk space up vs down, general dimensions if possible. How do you load goodies into the trunk with the top up, is it more than clicking one button, is it a "do 1 thing operation, or are more steps required.

was this a production version, or pre-production?

Don't get into any trouble sharing your inside info!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:lurk

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
Rich006 said:
Hello Everyone, I just took a Solstice out for a drive at the plant.I will keep you guys posted on my order status. let me know if you have any specific questions. I will answer them the best that I can. If idon't know the answer I most likely can get it answered. Rich
How tall are you and how did you fit? The big things we care about here are the things GM won't tell us, like how does the top work and look, and how big is the trunk space. Is there easy top up access? Any pictures you can post? Any hard info would be very welcome! :cheers

·
4,592 Posts
can you tell we're desperate for info................ :smile

·
Registered
13 Posts
tcl said:
Describe how the car sounds.
It actually sounded really good.
it's not a V8, but it had a bit of growl to it. definitley sounded good.
it did not sound crapy like a miata or some foreign exhaust system.

·
Premium Member
10,364 Posts
Rich,
Welcome to the forum, but please follow Rodeo;s advise and do not do anything that will get you fired.
We are hungry for the type of questions the other folks are asking but make sure is safe to do so on this forum.

·
Registered
13 Posts
airbalancer said:
Did not even open the trunck. so i don't even know what it looks like.
but when I return to the plant I will open it up and check it out.
I'm 5'11" and the roof hieght was not noticably low. I was however distracted
by the limited view and tight quarters. Rich

·
Registered
13 Posts
RODEO said:
Tell us about the Trunk and top. How the top connects to the trunk, and the steps to take it up and down. How much trunk space up vs down, general dimensions if possible. How do you load goodies into the trunk with the top up, is it more than clicking one button, is it a "do 1 thing operation, or are more steps required.

was this a production version, or pre-production?

Don't get into any trouble sharing your inside info!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:lurk
that's alot of things i did not even look at. I was just geeked to take the car for a drive. I will be back there in a few weeks. so will be checking that kind of stuff out. I won't be taking a tape measure out to the vehicle. However, I really going to buy this car so i'm eager to find out myself. Rich

·
Registered
13 Posts
LatinVenom said:
Rich,
Welcome to the forum, but please follow Rodeo;s advise and do not do anything that will get you fired.
We are hungry for the type of questions the other folks are asking but make sure is safe to do so on this forum.
Believe me I won't do anything stupid!!!!!!!!!!
the car is production, built on the Assy line.
That's why I am personaly suprised that the car is that close tto the concept and the pricing is outstanding. This will be a homerun for GM. Rich

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
Welcome to the forum Rich! We are all certainly jealous that you have had a chance to take a cruise in the Solsice! I am excited to hear you really liked it! :cheers I certainly cannot wait to get my hands on one! Hopefully that won't take too long.

Can you tell us any information regarding the plants production schedule? Now, don't tell us anything that could get you in trouble, but if you have some information that won't, please share!

Thanks for posting, and continue to share what you can! :thumbs :cheers

MITCH said:
I have been showing pics. of the Solstice to friends and Family, And everyone keeps telling me that the Car looks like a $30,000.00 model.

I am starting to think they are right. I bet Pontiac will want closer to $25 grand plus. And add a dealer mark-up of $1000-$1500 at least for the first year.

I remember back in 1985 Dodge had Dealer mark-ups like that on the Caravans. The old supply and demand game. Mitch :rolleyes

Bob Lutz was just quoted yesterday as saying the Solstice will start below $20K. So I'd say they are still on target for the sub $20K MSRP. Some dealers will undoubtably add a markup, but we have already heard from 2 dealers that won't be marking them up (GTOJ and CARDEALER). There is likely many more out there too! :cheers

1 - 17 of 17 Posts