Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I may trade-in my 1997 30th Anniversary Z28 for the Solstice. ~6K miles.
Is anyone trading and did you receive a Kelly WWW.KBB.com price or better.

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
GNS said:

Yes traded my 2000 jeep laredo when I ordered the car, price was good only for two months(kelly book). In june I wanted to extend the trade ,value they said it would go down at least 1000.00. So I ended up pre-trading my jeep in june but no solstice yet. I have been told because of the employee pricing trade in value has gone down alot below book.

·
Registered
676 Posts
no trade in for me

I "had" a 1997 Sebring JXI convertible that I just sold on my own this past weekend. We talked to the dealer about a trade in, but he said since it is the end of the season here in Wisconsin for convertibles, they probably wouldn't be able to give me much as it would sit on the lot until next Spring. We decided to give it a shot on our own and if we couldn't sell it by the time the Solstice arrived (close to the actual Equinox) in September then we would put it in storage and put it up for sale in the Spring. Dealer called us on Friday with our VIN (Cool #672) and lucky for us we sold the Sebring the next day. The car gods are looking down on us---just wish they'd get the shipments moving!!!

·
Premium Member
4,041 Posts
I am stripping away the errors of my past and trading in my Miata. Actually it has been a great fun car, it just doesn't have the styling, or the "wow" factor of the Solstice.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Traded a 2000 civic in on it back in may to get the best price on the trade.
New models are out and older ones are not worth as much now.

Got exactly KBB. Car was in good shape but had some dings in it (very minor).

Dealer offered $500 less at first, I said go up the $500 and they did not quibble. I was OK with this.

They then proceeded to put it on the lot for $3500 higher than thay gave me.

Most likely sold it for $1500 higher than trade in value and the person thought
they got a bargin!!!! :lol:

Later!

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Sold my Porsche Boxster two months ago.....

GNS said:
Sold my Porsche Boxster two months ago to Purchase the Solstice. Car will be "PAID IN FULL" on the delivery date. :yesnod:

·
LOST SOL
4,675 Posts
ntouched said:
Sold my Porsche Boxster two months ago to Purchase the Solstice. Car will be "PAID IN FULL" on the delivery date. :yesnod:
:agree: ... but I sold an F150.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts