Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,041 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a Corvette follow me around my home town yesterday. I pulled in to get a cup of coffee and the guy pulled in behind me. He was waiting for me when I came out. He said he say my car but couldn't get right up behind me so he was hoping I would stop. He thought my Sol was a new Corvette model being introduced. He was very surprised to find out that it was a Pontiac with a 4-cylinder engine. He was very complimentary of the car and it's styling. It appears that the Solstice catches the eye of lots of car owners.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Would be nice to get the respect of the Vette owners

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
Ex-Miata Man said:
I had a Corvette follow me around my home town yesterday. I pulled in to get a cup of coffee and the guy pulled in behind me. He was waiting for me when I came out. He said he say my car but couldn't get right up behind me so he was hoping I would stop. He thought my Sol was a new Corvette model being introduced. He was very surprised to find out that it was a Pontiac with a 4-cylinder engine. He was very complimentary of the car and it's styling. It appears that the Solstice catches the eye of lots of car owners.
Nice story :)

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
anticd70 said:
BWAHAHAHAHA... first the Corvette owners... then the world!

·
Registered
352 Posts
anticd70 said:
I have a Z06 corvette and I think the solstice is awesome!

Great car and if I see one on the street I'm sure I'll follow it too.

Can't wait to see them on the road.

Truly a work of art.

Enjoy!

JB

·
Registered
288 Posts
I had two Lexus's and a BMW owner comment on how beautiful the car was the other day when I was stuck in traffic.

Their expressions were priceless when they asked me how much the car cost and I told them $20,000.

Flagg

·
Registered
37 Posts
I'm also a Z06 pilot and can tell you first hand the handling alone is on a par with my Z, it's a lighter feel in the corning space with a tad bit of understeer, but all in all its a screamer in the tight sweepers.

It's gonna be a tough choice when we head out cruising - my Z06 or the wifes Sol - hmmm, is the sun out? No brainer! :yesnod:

TJ

·
Registered
391 Posts
I don't see it. The Vette and Sol don't look anything alike. In a very small way I guess I understand why some say they see the similarities but I don't see it.

·
LOST SOL
4,675 Posts
Flagg said:
I had two Lexus's and a BMW owner comment on how beautiful the car was the other day when I was stuck in traffic.

Their expressions were priceless when they asked me how much the car cost and I told them $20,000.

Flagg
Did you buy the base model? :confused:

·
Registered
278 Posts
robrecht said:
Thanks again to Stephen M for the photoshop work:
oh, thats cool i want to do that! that makes it look like a retro C1!

·
Premium Member
5,691 Posts
Rickady88GT said:
I don't see it. The Vette and Sol don't look anything alike. In a very small way I guess I understand why some say they see the similarities but I don't see it.
I think they look more alike than the '55 and the '05 vette's. Don't get me wrong I like Corvettes but I think they moved far away from the original mission, even up through the 68-72 machines. Somewhere along the way Corvette decided it would rather be in the Ferrari crowd than in the Mustang group.

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Is that a bad thing? Look at the recent reviews of the Z06. It is in the Super Car performance bracket.

Seems to me the Solstice and the Corvette nicely bracket the sports car range, hence complement each other.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I am a Corvette owner and I am interested in picking up a Solstice sometime next year. Its between a Sky and the Solstice but I am leaning towards the Solstice.

·
Registered
192 Posts
achieftain said:
I think they look more alike than the '55 and the '05 vette's. Don't get me wrong I like Corvettes but I think they moved far away from the original mission, even up through the 68-72 machines. Somewhere along the way Corvette decided it would rather be in the Ferrari crowd than in the Mustang group.
'53 Corvette was not a true sports car, but it achieved this status in '56-'57 (my favorite incarnation, with the muscle car Sting Ray being a close second). Solstice seems closest to the '56-'57 Corvette. I really love the current Corvette, in that it has finally achieved a kind of fusion of it's muscle car legacy and it's sports car "inspiration". Although Mustangs had a few successful flirtations with being a muscle car, and that's what people remember, it was NEVER in the same class as the 2-seater Corvette. I believe it took Chevrolet some 40 years to sell a million Corvettes, wherease Ford sold a million 4-seater Mustangs (mostly "secretary cars") in a little over a couple years. Totally different class.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.