Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Having been part of this forum for a while, I have to say I am seeing a wane in the popularity - or at least the participation levels. Seems either people are fed-up with waiting for a product with no difinitive release date, or we've simply talked everything to death already... As for me, I'm getting awfully tempted to dump my Solstice order and hop into a used TT...

·
Premium Member
10,464 Posts
Danno said:
Having been part of this forum for a while, I have to say I am seeing a wane in the popularity - or at least the participation levels. Seems either people are fed-up with waiting for a product with no difinitive release date, or we've simply talked everything to death already... As for me, I'm getting awfully tempted to dump my Solstice order and hop into a used TT...
I think you will see the old regulars here until the car comes out, and as things come to light, there will be some conversasions etc..
We talked about this last year, once the car starts to hit the streets the forum will get busier again, in the mean time will just wait.

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
There have been peaks and valley's in interest. Interest generally pics up when there is a lot of attention drawn to the car, such as autoshow season, the EOP order process, etc. Right now, there really has been little new news to draw people in.

That said, we are still seeing a lot of site traffic, and there are a lot of new posts everyday on the forum. Many topics have been beaten to death, but people continue to kick the dead horse on many of them too!

Just be patient. Its only a few months down the road that you will have a Solstice. Ask yourself what would be better? A little instant gratification in buying a TT now, and then buyers remorese for the remainder of the time you own it as you watch Solstices being driven around? Or a few months of patience, followed by years of gratification in getting the car you actually wanted. :)

·
Premium Member
10,464 Posts
:agree:
Well said Ff88, there are going to be a few people saying, now why did I do that?.

·
Registered
913 Posts
I'm pretty sure things will pick up once new information pops up. We have pretty much talked everything to death. Once the car comes out, everyone will be posting their pics and stuff about road trips. Next, will come all the threads about buying things for the car. Just be patient, more interesting things will come.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Damn you and your incessant logic!! :lol: It's true, I do want the Sol, but with the Canadian ragtop season so short as it is, the loss of even one summer is a big bullet to take. A fall delivery here is a lot harder to swallow than a fall delivery in california! :yesnod:

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
Danno said:
Damn you and your incessant logic!! :lol: It's true, I do want the Sol, but with the Canadian ragtop season so short as it is, the loss of even one summer is a big bullet to take. A fall delivery here is a lot harder to swallow than a fall delivery in california! :yesnod:
Sorry for throwing logic in! :lol:

Check my location... Buffalo. Our weather is essentially the same! I understand the fall delivery is not ideal. I just see a purchase like this as more than a 1 summer deal.

I suppose if you really wanted a 'vert now, you could try to find a good deal on a used convertable that holds its value well. Then you should be able to sell it next spring to step into a Solstice, and not lose too much money on the deal. However, you still have the added costs of taxes, transferring plates, etc in the deal so its going to be really tough to do it without any cost.

If I were you, I'd try to wait it out! :)

·
Registered
135 Posts
I think things will pick up when we have verified production has begun. I can't believe that if it really does begin on May 31 that most would have to wait until September or October to be driving theirs, even in Canada. Hopefully we'll get some news on production in the next couple of weeks.

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Danno lives in the great white north as do I. We are only now seeing warming trends, but whenever a random nice day rolls along and the convertibles and roadsters start popping up, it is hard to remind oneself that you have studied all the alternatives and in my case eliminated them one-by-one. Arriving at the conclusion that on looks, price, fit for larger drivers and being new (as opposed to being 5-6 years old) the Solstice is the right choice.

Zen meditation may be required to get us through this waiting period.

·
Registered
254 Posts
I'm not buying a Solstice this year. And I don't watch the Apprentice. Not much else for me to talk about that hasn't already been discussed.

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
If you think about it, before the Apprentice show we averaged maybe 30-40 members online at a time. Then if you recal before the 2005 auto shows started we averaged maybe 10-20 members online at any given time. Back when I joined last June there were days when the forums were very much like the current Sky forums. When I got on I was the ONLY person counting guests even on the forums. So that we're averging 70+ members not counting guests on at a time I think we're growing fairly well, and keeping interest for a car that isn't even out yet. A fairly low volume car at that too.

·
Registered
905 Posts
I don't post as much as I did a while back simply because all my questions have been answered and everything else I'm just waiting for, ie the Solstice and a SC or Turbo Kit.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Danno- If it's a nice weekend call your local car rental and get a convertable for a day or two...it will take the edge off!! :lol:

You don't want a TT...they look good but can't stand the handling!!

·
4,592 Posts
Those that post when there's nothing to talk about are called trolls, or so I've been told :devil:

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
RODEO said:
Those that post when there's nothing to talk about are called trolls, or so I've been told :devil:
Only those that post when there is nothing to talk about, and own two Mazdaspeed Miata's! ;)

·
5,600 Posts
There is no wane in activity just as their was no peak in activity. It cycles. whenever there is news or rumors. The entire EOP post-Apprentice era saw the most flurried activity since I've joined this forum. It was a madhouse. There has been little new information since then and the activity reflects it. Wait until a coupe is announced or when Pontiac reveals the powerplant for the Solstice GXP and you will see lots of activity. Or better yet. Wait until the initial Solstice deliveries.

·
4,592 Posts
Fformula88 said:
Only those that post when there is nothing to talk about, and own two Mazdaspeed Miata's! ;)
DOH :lol:

This is what we do when things are quiet, we have fun! Then, when new stuff comes up, we get more serious ;)

·
Registered
753 Posts
i have looked at some other roadsters
-the audi TT turbo quattro i drove last year and didn't care for it...nicely designed interior but handling and turbo wiplash put me off.
- the stock miata was anemic
-the 2000 honda s2000 handled great and the motor came alive at 5k rpm...a ten/tenths type of sportscar
what makes me stay with the solstice is that by the numbers i think it will be a very satisfying car to drive with good tourque off idle and good handling. add to that the 'new and loaded for 25k' factor and it's exceptionally good looks and i decide that i would regret not waiting if i were driving something else and i passed one on the road.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I'll admit that I check this site two-three times a day just hoping for a tidbit of info to quench the fever! I don't post very often, but I can't get thru a day without checking. My wife can't wait for the car to get here.....

·
Premium Member
5,691 Posts
RODEO said:
DOH :lol:

This is what we do when things are quiet, we have fun! Then, when new stuff comes up, we get more serious ;)
But aren't things all quiet on the Miata front until September 1st? Or am I reading their ads all wrong - what I see says the new 2005 Miata isn't available until 9/1, or is that a distinct winter solstice model :lol:

1 - 20 of 63 Posts