Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I don't know if endurance racing does anything for any of you, but I am old school and remember when Henry took on Ferrari in the late 60's. Before that when the Brigs Cunningham Vetts tried their best in the American racing colors of white & blue to take on the world. These days the new yellow C6R will be cars to deal with, but how cool would it be to have a team of Kappas painted in white & blue to take on similar cars. The only problem is I don't think there is another car in this category that does endurance racing? It would be cool if the (probably Pontiac) GM team could last the full 24 and make a good showing for their effort.

·
Premium Member
5,691 Posts
The Riley and Crawford Pontiacs (loosley GTO based) have been the ones to watch, and try and catch, in the 24 at Daytona, etc this year. Now that's just the "prototype" level, the top dogs. Ordinary Porsche 911's, and Panoz can be found in the other classes in these races. It doesn't have to be a"factory" team to compete, just someone with enough cash to build or buy the cars pay the entry and drivers. A Sol will be limited on miles per tank unless the trunk is filled with a fuel cell. The other option is to base a "prototype" on the Kappa chassis with the prerequisite 2 foot wider body and dare I say "wing" (ala Chapparal)

·
Registered
403 Posts
1 - 3 of 3 Posts