Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
I'm confused -- on most pictures the "strip" running behind the seat back headrest area is silver; no matter what the exterior color is. But there are a few pictures that show a distinctly tan color to this strip ? Is that just a lighting freak or is it actually a tannish tint to some of the car's strip with the two tone color interior ?
Also is the SLY color the same color that was seen on the auto show car about a year ago ? Is it basically a grey metallic or does it have a touch of either brown or blue to it ?
Getting
ready to order next week (hopefully) -- gotta know ............

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Westbadenboy said:
[B]I'm confused -- on most pictures the "strip" running behind the seat back headrest area is silver; no matter what the exterior color is. But there are a few pictures that show a distinctly tan color to this strip ? Is that just a lighting freak or is it actually a tannish tint to some of the car's strip with the two tone color interior ?
Also is the SLY color the same color that was seen on the auto show car about a year ago ? Is it basically a grey metallic or does it have a touch of either brown or blue to it ?
Getting
[/B] ready to order next week (hopefully) -- gotta know ............
I and some others have noted this on some other threads and we think it was either a color processing error in the shot, or from an early pre-production car when they were still playing around with colors on the strip. All other photos in the promo literature and DVD show it in the same alum/grey as the windshield surround.

·
Registered
3,512 Posts
Westbadenboy said:
[B]
Getting
[/B] ready to order next week (hopefully) -- gotta know ............
The SLY color, (color code 42U) is in use on the 2005 Cadillac CTS. I went by my local Cadillac dealer this weekend to check out the paint sample, and I would say that it is just a basic grey metallic. (I would almost say it is a darker version of the silver, but that's just my interpretation. In fact Cadillac is calling it Silver Smoke.) In my opinion, it does not have the blue tone to it that the images of the early concept car seem to have had.

I'm still on the fence about the color myself, as it is hard to translate a 2 inch paint chip into an entire car in your imagination. :willy:

I'm not sure which show car you saw, as there are several. The one I saw in NYC this year was the silver (COOL).

Also, if you stop by a dealer to see the DVD with the top operation, it also shows all the color options on the DVD. In my opinion, all the colors on the DVD appear lighter than they are in reality (in comparison to the paint chips in the showroom.) But viewing this might give you a better idea of what the SLY color would look like.

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
dengel said:
In my opinion, it does not have the blue tone to it that the images of the early concept car seem to have had.
Agree. The earlier pre-production cars had a one-off color, the production grey does not appear to have the blue-ish tint.

·
Registered
753 Posts
also color reproduction in print and on the web is part science part art. there is a lot of variation in the values even in the 'official pontiac' pix- partly because of how the car was lit (daylight or studio lights- light placement and controls i.e. scrims, softbox etc). the least reliable pix colorwise are the shots posted from the auto shows (mine included) due to the mixture of commercial lighting such as flourescent and limited color gamut available for web posting.
FWIW, the silver around the windshield and the band behind the seats is the same color, even if it appears different in a photo.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts