Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We ought to plan a shindig for when everyone has their Solstice, say, Summer Solstice 06. Looking at the map, the Smokies of East Tennessee or North Carolina would be about the same distance for everyone except you West Coast guys. It'd be a long haul for you :nopity but I don't feel any pity since you have highway 1 to enjoy. :smile

I once drove through Chattanooga on my way to Lake Hiwassee and the roads and views in that area are phenomenal. The highway runs along the river where they had all the kayaking events for the Atlanta Olympics.

Of course, I'm sure you guys will have ideas too, I'm just throwing this out for discussion. We just need to get together somewhere pretty with fun roads to drive. Let's hear your 2 cents worth...

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
Or we could do it in lovely Wilmington, DE and try to get tours of the plant as part of the get-together. But then again, who the hell wants to go to Deleware? "Hi, I'm in... Deleware" (anyone else see Wayne's World?)

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
Rik said:
how about here ?
I think that may be pretty much what AztekzRpurty had in mind. I'm definitely down with Deals Gap! I'll be running down there the first weekend my wife and I can find a suitable babysitter after we get our Solstice. The way I see it, there's no better way to break it in! Just gotta find a non-interstate route to get down there.

·
Registered
533 Posts
2KWK4U said:
Or we could do it in lovely Wilmington, DE and try to get tours of the plant as part of the get-together. But then again, who the hell wants to go to Deleware? "Hi, I'm in... Deleware" (anyone else see Wayne's World?)
I'm in Virginia but would gladly drive to Delaware for a plant tour. Should be less than a 3 hour trip for me.

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
A plant tour would be fun! So would a location with plenty of fun twisty roads!

I would think going to the plant would be a natural first place to meet. Similar to how all of the Corvette enthusiasts go back to Bowling Green every year, or even last year’s 20th Anniversary Fiero gathering in Pontiac, MI (near where the plant was).

Of course, it all depends on whether there are plant tours in Wilmington, and some other fun stuff to do. You don’t want to show up, wave at the plant. Hang in the parking lot and split.

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
Branson, Missouri

Lots of curvy roads in the Ozarks!!!
Yeah sure.....that's where my ex-wife and (thank God) ex :mad mother :mad in :mad law live! Although they wouldn't have to know I was in town, for some reason, Deals Gap would appeal to me more.

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
AztekzRpurty said:
How much fun would it be to crash the vette party in Bowling Green, being loud, obnoxious and annoying?
I really like Corvettes, and wouldn't want to crash their party! They are just a little too pricey for me to keep on the road. I could buy one (a decent used one anyway) but I would get killed by insurance and tires! Something tells me they could be louder and more obnoxious than we could with Solstices anyway! :smile

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
How much fun would it be to crash the vette party in Bowling Green, being loud, obnoxious and annoying?
Something tells me they could be louder and more obnoxious than we could with Solstices anyway!
I just got an image of a bunch of geeks on Mopeds getting psyched up to crash a Hells Angels party by being "loud and obnoxious". Have we gone from "Wayne's World" to "Revenge of the Nerds"? Maybe we'd be best to stay in our own little pond.

·
Registered
151 Posts
i think this is a great idea, and having it for summer solstice '06 (maybe a good name for it?) is a great idea, as we'll probobly have a great turnout by then! i've never really been out east, so i'm down, would love to cruise through the smokies with my spankin' new roadster! also this time frame hopefully grants the extra time for the guys/gals waiting for the FI version (IF it comes, but we'll hope right)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts