Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is Sly (Dk Gray) the most popular color?

How did it look on the car?
I am having second thoughts about the "Sly" color ordered.

The black and red looks good!

Gang, help me make a decision.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
905 Posts
I think the red lights in the back and the silver trim along with the 2 tone leather make black the most attractive. I just wish they had a red/black GTO like combo for the interrior.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,143 Posts
I'm not a big fan of the Deep (blue) or Envious (green) - but would gladly take one of each ;)

I ordered Sly and think it looks great (saw one this weekend up close, as a matter of fact) :thumbs:

But have to admit that I am blown away by Agressive (red) - if only I could get the wife to buy-off on it :(
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
383 Posts
Normally, whatever color the maufaturer advertises the most ..is the most sought after color. Simple human mindset...they get trained to think of themselves in THAT car..so when they come to buy one...BINGO..they want that color. Saab had the same "problem" when the 9-3 came out...they advertised it in Black...everyone wanted black.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
316 Posts
Only in my opinion

I saw and drove the Sly in Detroit and that is what I ordered. Yes, the colors I saw there were all great. Blue, green red, black, sliver...I would be happy with all of them. Dont think I can afford all the tickets Id get in the red, or stand the jokes about "mid-life crisis." Color is a VERY subjective thing and very individual choice.

BUT, when I saw the Sly in person I knew I made the right choice. It was the only color (to me, that is) that seemed to convey the design intention of the car seeming like there was a completely smooth transition from the appearance of the outside to the interior with the top down. Which I think I remember reading was an intention of the concept model's design. I think that was also one of the design intents behind having the top disappear into the trunk to cleanup the lines. It also makes the car look so darn sexy with those curves. :cool:

Is black a great color for this car? Of course, and one can read how popular and attractive the other colors are with all the posts about them. Seeing the cars in person made the choice harder for me if I had to make it then. IMHO when you see a Sly color with the two-tone interior, it brings back all those feelings that grabbed us when we saw the first concept cars.
 

·
Senior Member
Joined
·
2,574 Posts
Steve said:
Is Sly (Dk Gray) the most popular color?

How did it look on the car?
I am having second thoughts about the "Sly" color ordered.

The black and red looks good!

Gang, help me make a decision.
I saw them all today at the Boston area ride and drive. Wow. They truly do look better in person and the colors are just fine. I liked red and black best before I saw them and still do in that order. Sly is fine especially with the steel and sand interior which looks like its made for the sly. One of the drivers who has had a lot of drive time said go with a dark interior that there is some glare from the lighter int. It was overcast and the tops were up for much of the day so I couldn't tell, but both red and black are awesome with the ebony int. All other colors were fine with white being my last choice. Having said that white would look great with racing stripes IMO.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
164 Posts
IMHO, it was a choice between Sly and Deep. I wanted a dark color, as metallic finishes look best in dark paint.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
50 Posts
Solstick said:
I saw and drove the Sly in Detroit and that is what I ordered. Yes, the colors I saw there were all great. Blue, green red, black, sliver...I would be happy with all of them. Dont think I can afford all the tickets Id get in the red, or stand the jokes about "mid-life crisis." Color is a VERY subjective thing and very individual choice.

BUT, when I saw the Sly in person I knew I made the right choice. It was the only color (to me, that is) that seemed to convey the design intention of the car seeming like there was a completely smooth transition from the appearance of the outside to the interior with the top down. Which I think I remember reading was an intention of the concept model's design. I think that was also one of the design intents behind having the top disappear into the trunk to cleanup the lines. It also makes the car look so darn sexy with those curves. :cool:

Is black a great color for this car? Of course, and one can read how popular and attractive the other colors are with all the posts about them. Seeing the cars in person made the choice harder for me if I had to make it then. IMHO when you see a Sly color with the two-tone interior, it brings back all those feelings that grabbed us when we saw the first concept cars.
Have you seen Sly with the Ebony interior? I have been hearing that the two tone will be harder to keep clean. Anyone have a photo posted of the Sly/Ebony combo? Sounds pretty classy to me. You help is Mucho appreciated. :cool:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,434 Posts
Atldriver said:
Have you seen Sly with the Ebony interior? I have been hearing that the two tone will be harder to keep clean. Anyone have a photo posted of the Sly/Ebony combo? Sounds pretty classy to me. You help is Mucho appreciated. :cool:
They had five of them to play with and drive at the dealership last Thursday. Five of the colors, white, black, blue, red, gray. ( I drove the gray one) It had the black leather, none had the cloth. Lots of negative comments on the two tone with a white car. Some positive on the two tone in the Blue. The black was black on black...so was the red one.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,434 Posts
MAKsys said:
I'm not a big fan of the Deep (blue) or Envious (green) - but would gladly take one of each ;)

I ordered Sly and think it looks great (saw one this weekend up close, as a matter of fact) :thumbs:

But have to admit that I am blown away by Agressive (red) - if only I could get the wife to buy-off on it :(
I went to order green and my wife said I had to get the red one. Glad I didn't go in for the red....I'd have a white one... :(
 

·
Senior Member
Joined
·
5,600 Posts
Here is a pop quiz. What color does the Solstice look bad in?

OK that was a trick question. Because the answer is "none". The Solstice is such a beautiful car, it doesn't matter what color paint adorns it. It comes down to personal preference. Love black? Your black Solstice will look beautiful. Love white? Ditto on the white.

Put another way, if someone would give me $3,000 off MSRP for a Solstice in my least favorite color (black), I would still be a very happy man.

You could paint this car pink and it would still look good. I wouldn't drive it but it would still look good...
:D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,171 Posts
jimbo said:
Here is a pop quiz. What color does the Solstice look bad in?

OK that was a trick question. Because the answer is "none". The Solstice is such a beautiful car, it doesn't matter what color paint adorns it. It comes down to personal preference. Love black? Your black Solstice will look beautiful. Love white? Ditto on the white.

Put another way, if someone would give me $3,000 off MSRP for a Solstice in my least favorite color (black), I would still be a very happy man.

You could paint this car pink and it would still look good. I wouldn't drive it but it would still look good...
:D
:agree: I have changed my mind several times, and the one that I'm getting is white. It wasn't my first choice, but I will be thrilled to have it because I think the car looks great in any color. And the more I've looked at the pics of the white that dori-san took, I'm getting more excited about it every day!
 

·
Senior Member
Joined
·
5,600 Posts
I thought VERY seriously about getting white - sold by Dori-San's gorgeous pictures. I just know white will be the most rare color for a Solstice. You won't see too many of them - and that will make your car very special indeed. That white looked like it was still wet and drying at the factory. Just beautiful!

A dark red interior would go a long way toward completing that package. And a dark red interior would be appropriate for black, silver, grey, red and white. Maybe for 2007?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,961 Posts
jimbo said:
Put another way, if someone would give me $3,000 off MSRP for a Solstice in my least favorite color (black), I would still be a very happy man.
jhgajsgd??? WHAT THE?>??ERW?ESDGgasdf?

How is BLACK your least favorite? I mean, it's okay that it's not your favorite... but LEAST favorite? Other than the fact that it's a PITA to keep clean, when it's clean, how can you beat that?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,171 Posts
jimbo said:
I thought VERY seriously about getting white - sold by Dori-San's gorgeous pictures. I just know white will be the most rare color for a Solstice. You won't see too many of them - and that will make your car very special indeed. That white looked like it was still wet and drying at the factory. Just beautiful!

A dark red interior would go a long way toward completing that package. And a dark red interior would be appropriate for black, silver, grey, red and white. Maybe for 2007?
I'm actually considering getting the seats upholstered in red leather. Or maybe black with red inserts like the GTO. I think it would look fantastic. And it would set mine apart from the handful of other white Sols.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,691 Posts
Editguy said:
I'm actually considering getting the seats upholstered in red leather. Or maybe black with red inserts like the GTO. I think it would look fantastic. And it would set mine apart from the handful of other white Sols.
If teh Saturn logo is not prominant you may be able to buy the red/black seats as shown in the show Sky and do your own swap.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
670 Posts
Red w/black

The red w/black leather is awesome. Everyone we pass notices the car and asks what it is. I just put three coats of Zaino on during the hurricane here and it is really eye popping. Painted the calipers red - Wal-Mart actually sells a kit just for this job - red and blue available. The first paint chips of the red that came out had me worried about the color but it is a great red. Only 100 miles on it but we stored it for a couple of days till Wilma went by. It will get a good maiden voyage tomorrow. :cool:
 
1 - 20 of 28 Posts
Top