Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody know if the small cut out vents in each front fender are just a styling detail or are they actually functional? On my PC, I can't tell if there's a dark grill in them or not, although just having a grill doesn't make them functional. At that size doubt they would do much. As far as style goes, personal opinion, wish they were bigger, evokeing a 'Vette. At the size they are now, they look more like hood release pockets. Or maybe add after-market snap in, flush mounted, Euro-style side marker light? Since the battery's right there, a power port to plug in a 12 volt blender for drinks on the beach? Or maybe they could add a couple more on each side and call it a Buick! How 'bout outlets for the 007 package oil slick nozzles? :jester

·
Registered
151 Posts
it would be neat to have replacements that used electroluminescent paper behind the "V" and set it up as a side marker...

just might have to look into that...

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
Vita said:
it would be neat to have replacements that used electroluminescent paper behind the "V" and set it up as a side marker...

just might have to look into that...
Hopefully, somebody at Pontiac comes up with that all on their own. I know they produced a car in the musclecar era with Pontiac arrowheads on each quarterpanel that were illuminated. I want to say it was the 67-ish LeMans, but I don't know for sure... and I'm too lazy to look it up.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Cut outs

I think the cut out on the side of the fender is a hand-hold for raising / lowering the hood. Am I wrong?

·
Registered
275 Posts
Hadn't seen that picture before, wonder how you change the air filter. Be nice to see a picture with the covers open like that from the top.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Handhold

MCEB, I was looking at a concept photo that shows the hood up when I thought about the cutout used as a handhold. In that photo, the horizontal line of the hood/fender joint was right across the top of the cutout. However, all of the photos of the (so-called) production Solstice do show the cutout too low to be a handhold.

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
hoffman said:
MCEB, I was looking at a concept photo that shows the hood up when I thought about the cutout used as a handhold. In that photo, the horizontal line of the hood/fender joint was right across the top of the cutout. However, all of the photos of the (so-called) production Solstice do show the cutout too low to be a handhold.
Yes, I see it now in the concept version. They did move it down a bit in prod version.

·
Registered
281 Posts
padgett said:
Hadn't seen that picture before, wonder how you change the air filter. Be nice to see a picture with the covers open like that from the top.
same as a vette. pop hood, lean over, open aibox, replace filter and reverse (or rinse, repeat if you have a KN). :D

·
Registered
284 Posts

·
Registered
644 Posts
Turbo Needs More Venting

What do you think it would take to make them functional, or add in something that is functional?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts