Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was asked this question and had to look it up. Found this old link that mceb had posted back in April. Thought I'd repost it for those that have joined the forum since then.
http://www.saturnfans.com/Cars/Future/2.4lecotecfuture.shtml
(Turns out it's both bored and stroked with a different, stonger head and a bunch of other new goodies)
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
8,901 Posts
Yeah, the 2.4L VVT engine looks liek it's going to be an excelent piece of machinery. It seems to share all the technology of the SAAB engine, along with the 2.0L Supercharged Cobalt SS/ION RL (since this engine seems to be the SAAB engine, plus it adds VVT. It might not be as exotic on technologies to produce stock power, but it's been designed to be able to handle excesive ammounts of power over stock.
 

·
Mod Emeritus
Joined
·
7,468 Posts
brentil said:
Yeah, the 2.4L VVT engine looks liek it's going to be an excelent piece of machinery. It seems to share all the technology of the SAAB engine, along with the 2.0L Supercharged Cobalt SS/ION RL (since this engine seems to be the SAAB engine, plus it adds VVT. It might not be as exotic on technologies to produce stock power, but it's been designed to be able to handle excesive ammounts of power over stock.
170 HP is certainly the low end of the scale, and not the high end for the 2.4L VVT. Its a low starting point. It will be exciting to see where it goes from there!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
172 Posts
Fformula88 said:
It will be exciting to see where it goes from there!
Yes it will. I think once the aftermarket really starts working with this engine all the talk on the forums about putting V6 and V8 engines in the Kappas will go away. I truly believe that people are going to be floored by how much power these motors can make on a reliable basis.
 

·
Mod Emeritus
Joined
·
7,468 Posts
Rik said:
Yes it will. I think once the aftermarket really starts working with this engine all the talk on the forums about putting V6 and V8 engines in the Kappas will go away. I truly believe that people are going to be floored by how much power these motors can make on a reliable basis.
I just touched on that in another thread. GM has 1000 HP examples of Ecotecs running around. Obviously those are not street cars, but it goes to show just how flexible this engine is. Not only will the aftermarket boost power, but you will see a lot of higher output versions directly from GM too. (much higher!)
 
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Top