Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did normal allocation ordering open yet? I've been bugging my dealer and he said a few weeks ago that as soon as he places my order he'll email me a confimation. I put a deposit down and I'm one of the 7 allocated cars to my dealer but I have yet to get a confirmation so I was wondering if anyone was is the same situation as I am??? Let me know!

·
Registered
3,512 Posts
As long as the order was against the dealer's initial four month allocation, he should have been able to enter it into the system not long after the EOP program started on April 15th.

From my understanding, this process would include getting a VOM# assigned to your order and sending the order on to GM via some sort of satellite uplink. The order would then be placed into the Solstice build schedule at some as yet undetermined later date, based on the precendence assigned by your dealer (i.e. are you number 1 of 7 or number 7 of 7 in his allocation?) as well as many other factors determined by GM.

You probably want to stop by to see your dealer to confirm that the order has been sent up to GM, and has the appropriate precedence placed on it, based on where your place is the dealer's allocation.

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
I think small_dealer mentioned the orders get "picked up" by GM at various time intervals and that part has not started yet. So you can enter them in but they are not going anywhere yet.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Vom#?

Sorry, what's a VOM#? Vehicle Order something?

·
Registered
271 Posts
I ordered mine from my dealers first allocation on 4/15/05 when I could not get one of the first 1000. He had 4 coming and I got the first one.

·
Dragon Rider
1,071 Posts
I placed an order with my dealer 4/16/05(Couldn't be there for the roulette wheel Friday :lol: ) Of course no first 1000 but I snagged the 2nd car in that dealer's first allocation of 3 Solsti! (Yeah, I know. The proper plural is Solstices, but hey, I love the sound of Solsti! :willy: :cool:

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
I don't know what you're all talking about. I ordered my Solsitce in March and the dealer said my order was in the system. The only reason I went and ordered it was because he called me and told me they were able to order them at that point.

·
5,641 Posts
novagrl82 said:
Did normal allocation ordering open yet? I've been bugging my dealer and he said a few weeks ago that as soon as he places my order he'll email me a confimation. I put a deposit down and I'm one of the 7 allocated cars to my dealer but I have yet to get a confirmation.....
As SlipSlider posted, the ordering system has been accepting orders since sometime in March. Nothing is happening yet with these orders, they are just sitting in the dealer's order bank. So a dealer should be able to order and receive a GM Vehicle Order Management system number now.

The allocation number for the first four months of production have been out since early April.

Based on the last schedule from GM, on May 18th dealers should see how their allocation number will be spread out over the first two months of production.

Again based on the current schedule, June 2nd starts the order cycle where orders are accepted by GM from dealer's order banks.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts