Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

How many people do you know who have heard of the Solstice or Sky?

  • Everybody I know has heard of the Solstice or Sky.

    Votes: 1 2.0%
  • Most people I know have heard of the Solstice or Sky.

    Votes: 7 14.3%
  • Few people I know have heard of the Solstice or Sky

    Votes: 28 57.1%
  • Nobody knows but me! Muuuaaaaha ha ha ha ha!

    Votes: 12 24.5%
  • Uh, what is a Solstice?

    Votes: 1 2.0%

  • Total voters
    49
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Senior Member
Joined
·
5,600 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Four months from now, the Solstice will be in Pontiac showrooms. Among all of my family and friends, I have never met anyone who has ever heard about this car unless I told them about it.

I am curious. In your social circle, how may people do you know who ever heard of the Solsitce and Sky?

For all the talk of GM's prolific leaks, It's going to be here in ONLY 4 months and nobody has heard of this car!
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
8,901 Posts
I went with the "Most people know both" because I've pretty much told everyone I know about it. :D
 

·
Senior Member
Joined
·
4,592 Posts
I am in a university environment mostly, not a lot of car enthusiasts (although a few exists I'm sure). But overall, the first time they see a Solstice passing them will be when they first learn of a Solstice.
Heck, hadn't my wife pointed it out from the kelly and regis show, I may not have known about it. Funny, kelly nd regis lead to a Sol Forum.. Sol Forum...to a Miata forum...then comes a MSM....What next I ask.....



I was watching a friends episode the other day, the one where Ross buys a red MGB. He says "I'm a sports car enthusiasts", to which Joey says, "how much horse power does it have", Ross responds with "I don't know, but look how SHINY it is!!!".........................that's me in a nutshell, but I'm learning :lol:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
46 Posts
I live in SUV Country. The people where I work are NOT "car people", and they never talk about anything but work anyway. A lot of the other people I associate with (church, the school my wife teaches at, etc.) are in a higher income level than me, and they drive a Lexus, Mercedes, or the biggest SUV they can find. Nobody I have talked with has ever heard of a new GM 2-seater, but then again, they don't care.
 

·
Mod Emeritus
Joined
·
7,468 Posts
It depends what you mean by anonymous. I’d say it probably is among the majority of the public which are your average car buyer that doesn’t have much interest in whats on the horizon or what is happening in the industry. They have to see cars on the streets and in TV commercials to really know about them.

That’s fine too.

Among enthusiast, this car is very well known. More so than most upcoming models. That is because GM has catered to the enthusiasts with tons of leaks and info well in advance of production. Heck, we have well over 800 members here, and even more lurkers as proof.

Compared to just about any other upcoming new model. I’d say the Solstice is actually better known that most cars. Even if the non-enthusiasts really are not aware of it. They may not even have to know, since I don’t think your typical average car buyers will be taking home too many Solstices anyway.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
24 Posts
who are the Pit Crew?

jimbo said:
Four months from now, the Solstice will be in Pontiac showrooms. Among all of my family and friends, I have never met anyone who has ever heard about this car unless I told them about it.
I've been wondering who the Solstic Pit Crew are??

Maybe someone in upper management at GM wants Solstice to flop and is keeping it top secret.

Maybe the Solstice Pit Crew are mid-level Pontiac managers frantically trying to whip us up into a frenzy to start driving the Solstice! :lol:
 

·
Mod Emeritus
Joined
·
7,468 Posts
According to the title under my forum name, I am a member of the Solstice Pit Crew. Funny GM hasn't asked me to change any tires, turn any wrenches, or cruise one around the track for them yet! :glol:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
46 Posts
Fformula88 said:
... I don’t think your typical average car buyers will be taking home too many Solstices anyway.
Interesting statement, and I'm sure it's true. Well, they can just drool when WE drive by!!!
:yesnod:

"Solstice Pit Crew"... Mine must have changed when I passed 30 posts.
 

·
Senior Member
Joined
·
4,592 Posts
Kit Carson said:
I've been wondering who the Solstic Pit Crew are??

Maybe someone in upper management at GM wants Solstice to flop and is keeping it top secret.

Maybe the Solstice Pit Crew are mid-level Pontiac managers frantically trying to whip us up into a frenzy to start driving the Solstice! :lol:
pit crew is a status based on number of posts, lots of forums use a status marker like that. Only Sosticeman works for GM and has a super secret phantom solstice at home :lol:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,570 Posts
Almost no one I know or meet has ever heard of the Solstice, but I do have a couple of friends that read car magazines way more than I do that actually knew about it before I did. My feeling now is, until the car is actually out, it's best not to know anything about it. It just makes you pull your hair out and waste tons of time posting on forums with other people pulling their hair out. There's going to be a fair amout of bald Solstice buyers in the first year. :lol:
 

·
Mod Emeritus
Joined
·
7,468 Posts
AeroDave said:
Almost no one I know or meet has ever heard of the Solstice, but I do have a couple of friends that read car magazines way more than I do that actually knew about it before I did. My feeling now is, until the car is actually out, it's best not to know anything about it. It just makes you pull your hair out and waste tons of time posting on forums with other people pulling their hair out. There's going to be a fair amout of bald Solstice buyers in the first year. :lol:
Speak for yourself. I still have all my hair! :glol: :jester:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
46 Posts
I do feel a little pathetic (yeah, speaking for myself). Checking here almost hourly for any pics or scraps of information. I have already made this my home page! And we're months away from seeing the cars at the dealers' lots.

I got it bad.

"When will we get there... when will we get there... when will we get there?"
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
285 Posts
Hey, I say we all keep our mouths shut and not a word to anyone!

It's going to be hard enough fighting off all the other forum members for a car let alone their friends and family ;)

I'll tell my friends AFTER mines in the driveway!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,961 Posts
MisterE said:
Hey, I say we all keep our mouths shut and not a word to anyone!

It's going to be hard enough fighting off all the other forum members for a car let alone their friends and family ;)

I'll tell my friends AFTER mines in the driveway!
I would think custom ordering one here in the next couple weeks from my dealer may help the situation of "fighting-of-friends-and-foes" for this car.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,206 Posts
MisterE said:
Hey, I say we all keep our mouths shut and not a word to anyone!

It's going to be hard enough fighting off all the other forum members for a car let alone their friends and family ;)

I'll tell my friends AFTER mines in the driveway!
...better yet...

HEY GUYS, I HEARD NOT TO EVEN BOTHER ASKING ABOUT THE SOLSTICE - YOU WON'T BE ABLE TO GET ONE UNTIL FALL OF 2005!!!

;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
391 Posts
I have only talked to two people that know about the Sol and Sky.
One of them is already going to buy one and heard about it before I did.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
8,901 Posts
MisterE said:
Hey, I say we all keep our mouths shut and not a word to anyone!

It's going to be hard enough fighting off all the other forum members for a car let alone their friends and family ;)

I'll tell my friends AFTER mines in the driveway!
I think we should do the opposite. Because we want the Solstice to sell well, and give GM a reason to keep making them. And make the higher output version sooner. :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
24 Posts
special consideration

Fformula88 said:
According to the title under my forum name, I am a member of the Solstice Pit Crew. Funny GM hasn't asked me to change any tires, turn any wrenches, or cruise one around the track for them yet! :glol:
I think Pit Crew and long-term forum members should get special consideration from Pontiac. They should be moved to front of line and get discount! :willy:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,691 Posts
Kit Carson said:
I think Pit Crew and long-term forum members should get special consideration from Pontiac. They should be moved to front of line and get discount! :willy:
Middle of the line would be okay in exchange for every pit crew member getting a secret engine upgrade off the books. :yesnod:
 
1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Top