Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just curious. What are the percentages who will be driving the solstice as a primary car vs people owning another daily drivers.

For people w/ daily drivers, I was curious, how / when will you drive the solstice vs the daily driver. Is the "other car" left out of the garage while the solstice is garaged.

I was thinking about getting a fun car like the solstice in addition to my more practical GTO w/ automatic. But I am not sure when I would drive each car and I also am concerned that I would have to leave the GTO out of the garage.

·
Registered
905 Posts
We'll have to see, but I think with some snow tires on the Solstice it'll be fine in Maryland's winters. Otherwise I'll use my Sunfire (FWD) on the bad days as it can go through anything.

·
Registered
511 Posts
I living in the Northeast Will only drive my Solstice in the Late spring ,
Summer, Fall. This car will never see snow ,mud ,sand ,well maybe at the beach, No road salt, I have a 2001 Ford Ranger I will drive in the winter.And on bad summer days.I hope to keep this car a long time
GOD WILLING

·
Registered
85 Posts
Primary

I was talking to a car dealer at some family party and told him I was a first 1000 and he said don't drive the car very much since it's a collector's item. I thought to myself, why would I buy something I don't plan on using a lot? Unless there's a lot of snow on the ground I'll be driving the Solstice as the primary car. Years ago I survived a couple Chicago winters in an Alfa Romeo Spider so this would be an upgrade in the snow anyway.

·
Premium Member
5,206 Posts
All the f'n time 'til the tires wear out, then, replace the tires and drive it 'til something else wears out, then, replace that something.....

ad infinitum until it don' go no mo'!!!! :thumbs:

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
We had a bunch of polls around this, not sure how long ago. Maybe it's time to resurface one if I can find it :leaving:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.