Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is the two tone interior color being produced in two different colors or do the colors just look different depending upon the lighting? I don't know how to post the pictures or I would do it - maybe someone can help me out - Anyway, I see the gallery pictures listed below & it appears to me that Vin #1 (gallery picture # b027) which has steel/sand looks more gray in color than black. Then I see (gallery picture #21909192436) & it looks more black than gray & the tan color looks darker as well. Are they making two different two tone interior colors???? :willy:

b027

·
LOST SOL
4,675 Posts
USA Millionaire said:
Is the two tone interior color being produced in two different colors or do the colors just look different depending upon the lighting? I don't know how to post the pictures or I would do it - maybe someone can help me out - Anyway, I see the gallery pictures listed below & it appears to me that Vin #1 (gallery picture # b027) which has steel/sand looks more gray in color than black. Then I see (gallery picture #21909192436) & it looks more black than gray & the tan color looks darker as well. Are they making two different two tone interior colors???? :willy:

b027

I think the cloth tends to look 2 tone in photos, but I have not really seen too many. However, I do remember seeing the pattern ... could have been a "mule." Plus, I have been told that the steel on the 2 tone comes across as gun metal, or a bluish gray.

·
Premium Member
5,691 Posts
MSG_McKee said:
I think the cloth tends to look 2 tone in photos, but I have not really seen too many. However, I do remember seeing the pattern ... could have been a "mule." Plus, I have been told that the steel on the 2 tone comes across as gun metal, or a bluish gray.
There are subtle shades in the single tone leather as well as in diffs between dash, side panels and seat color. People have posted that in person the steel/sand is as light a tan as the show cars (I believe) and that any of the posts where the sand looks golden brown are simply our (Aggressive and Envoius) dreams of what coulda woulda shoulda been for our colors.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Can somebody help me post the pictures mentioned in the first post of this thread so that others can comment on how different the interior colors appear for the two tone leather - its hard for me to believe its just lighting differences.

·
Registered
245 Posts
you may have been looking at the cloth int. it is also two tone. (black/gray)

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
No, if you go to the gallery & look at these two pictures - they are both leather & one looks gray while the other looks black - somebody help me both them so everyone can see!!!!! :brentil: :brentil: :brentil: :brentil:

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
USA Millionaire said:
No, if you go to the gallery & look at these two pictures - they are both leather & one looks gray while the other looks black - somebody help me both them so everyone can see!!!!! :brentil: :brentil: :brentil: :brentil:
Yeh, I agree with him, I have seen a picture where it looks like ebony, and it's not just the lighting.

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
USA Millionaire said:
Although I'm a computer illiterate as well and also don't know how to post pictures, I can provide links by using "copy" and "paste" to the two pictures you mention. Maybe this will help. I can see the differences you talk about. My guess it's sunlight vs florescent lighting. I did see the show car that's in the first picture and the grey isn't quite as blue as what's shown. But it's also not as dark as what's shown in the second picture.
http://www.solsticeforum.com/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=1021&sort=1&cat=all&page=2
http://www.solsticeforum.com/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=985&sort=8&cat=all&page=14

1 - 10 of 10 Posts