Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am considering purchasing a new wheel set.

However, my current OEM rims have a set of Goodyear Eagle GT tires with 75-80% of their tread. I am curious to know if there is a market for OEM wheel sets? If so, what would a set as described be worth? Rims in very good to excellent condition.

·
Premium Member
4,262 Posts
Are you looking at replacement wheels or after market? A lot of people want to upgrade to factory chrome wheels so from that standpoint if that's what you have then there is a good chance someone will buy them plus they will fit on other cars..I have seen them go from $200 to as high as $500 for a good set, there was a set on Ebay not too long ago that were beat up that went for $50 .Another thing you have to take into consideration if you don't sell them locally is shipping charges , as far as the tires go they are marginal at best from a performance stand point .

·
Registered
7,664 Posts
Yup - shipping is the killer.

I have a set of chrome wheels I should get around to selling - were on the car for less than 1,000 miles, but I'd look for a local sale first.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
They look like polished aluminum finish. I attached a pic.

I am looking to add some 18x9 with 275 40 18 tires. Why? I like how it looks. I probably could use an intervention. I actually thought the Eagle GT's was a selling point, I guess I need to do more homework.

I would normally sell something like this on Craigslist but the 5x110 really limits the market.

Attachments

·
Registered
103 Posts
I bought a set of chrome oem wheels because I wanted factory wheels. The guy I bought them from had them awhile when I bought them, not much of a market. I saw a set for $900.00 on my local craigslist with almost new tires also. I tried to buy just the wheels and the guy would not budge from his price. He still had them up on craigslist months after I bought mine, not sure what he ever did with them.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well it sounds like I shouldn't expect to get anything out of these wheels. I am not sure the shed can fit anymore car and motorcycle parts!

·
Registered
32 Posts
I sold mine for $550 this spring. Doesn't seem like there is much of a market to sell these individually for accident repairs, unfortunately.

·
Registered
7,469 Posts
I see Solstice wheels being offered for sale on Ebay and Craigslist frequently. Just not sure how often they sell. Stick them up on Craigslist w/several pics at a great price. Worse than can happen is the ad time runs out.

I currently have two sets of OEM wheels in the garage, the main reason I'm keeping them is so the car can be returned to stock. Selling a car w/aftermarket wheels makes it a tuffer sell to me. Mainly because when it comes to custom wheels people have a love em/hate em type of reaction.

·
Premium Member
190 Posts
Do you have a single stock polished wheel, 18 in. for sale ?

Located in the Northeast I need one or would consider a set of wheels. Please reply with details to midwayracingteam at ttlc dot com

Thanks, Bob

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Do you have a single stock polished wheel, 18 in. for sale ?

Located in the Northeast I need one or would consider a set of wheels. Please reply with details to midwayracingteam at ttlc dot com

Thanks, Bob
Email sent. Thanks

·
Premium Member
594 Posts
Any stock wheels cheap around Phoenix ? I have to ship mine to Phx from Chicago.

·
Premium Member
236 Posts
Just sold my polished aluminum rims via Craigslist to a G6 owner for $300. I had updated to chrome which I got off EBAY a year ago for $440. Had about 5 inquires before I found a buyer.

One guy wanted to put them on his SAAB 9-3, same bolt pattern, but offset was wrong. Just happy they are out of the house!

·
Registered
205 Posts
I bought a set (chrome rims and tires-no sensors though)that was taken off of a Sky within a few thousand miles as the OE tires were practically new. The downside is the rubber is old. Bought them for $300 off of Craigs list. It was cheaper than buying a new wheel and mounting a tire. Now I have back-ups if I should curb one or bend one.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I had someone offer $200 plus shipping for the rims. I am not opposed to selling them for that but boxing them up and shipping them is a pain a PITA. If I am going to give them away for $200 bucks, I figure I can find someone that will come pick them up. For less then $200, they will end up in the garage.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts