Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will the Solstice have a trunk or will it be like the Toyota MR-2 with just a few little 'pockets' of space here and there?

I hope it does because I'd like to be able to throw a small suitcase in it and make road trips with my honey. If not, I may have to settle for a Miata, even though I'm drooling over the Solstice.

·
Registered
15 Posts
dls6774 said:
Will the Solstice have a trunk or will it be like the Toyota MR-2 with just a few little 'pockets' of space here and there?

I hope it does because I'd like to be able to throw a small suitcase in it and make road trips with my honey. If not, I may have to settle for a Miata, even though I'm drooling over the Solstice.
Sort of has one.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I hope it has one 2 if it does not it is not gonna stop me from buying it i will just be very dissapointed. But not enough to get a mazda

·
Registered
284 Posts
I'm sure it will have some trunk. I would expect as much as the Miata has at a minimum.

The Miata is a pretty small car and it still has some trunk when the top is folded down.

·
Registered
58 Posts
i dont know about the new miata's but my friend has one and yea the trunk is small but the top does not have a hard top that covers them like on the solstice so it seems that if there is gonna be a truck it is gonna have to be under the cover for the top and there will have to be like a divided section under there one for the top and one to act as a trunk, or at least that would be my guess. And also u got to think about the spare tire situation and where that will be stored. I guess untill someone actually really looks at the car and gets to look in that back area then we will not really know for sure but i would really like to know now.

·
Registered
284 Posts
The Corvette may give us a clue.

My Corvette has a hardtop that covers the top (if I undersatnd your meaning). The top is not in a separate compartment. It just takes up a portion of the trunk space when the top is down.

Granted, it is a larger car, but the concept may remain the same. The benefit of having it as one compartment is that it is larger when the top is up. You only give up the space when you drop the top.

The spare tire is handled by not having one and by using run-flats. I haven't heard of run-flats on the Solstice. You are probably correct that they will need to leave room for the spare.

They can be pretty small these days. The spare on my wife's Audi starts out very small but inflates to a full size tire. The temporary spares can be even smaller.

I look forward to seeing what it actually looks like.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Solstice Dealer said:
It's going to have a trunk. I'm not sure how much room it will have. Check out the photo on page 21 of Autoweek Magizine Dated 2-2-04.
Sort of, kind of covers it. Not aanything you would want to use to travel. Kind of like traveling in a C2 Corvette.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts