Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there any actual test data for these cars? Has there been any road test done by 'Road and Track', 'Car and Driver' etc.. on the Solstice that we will be getting. I'm looking for 0-60, top speed, braking distance(with ABS), latteral accelleration, slalom speed and stuff like that. And by the way where is my damn car!

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
jandouglass said:
Is there any actual test data for these cars? Has there been any road test done by 'Road and Track', 'Car and Driver' etc.. on the Solstice that we will be getting. I'm looking for 0-60, top speed, braking distance(with ABS), latteral accelleration, slalom speed and stuff like that. And by the way where is my damn car!
Nothing has been printed yet from an actual production car. The FAQ has some articles from a little over a year ago where the press was allowed to drive some press mules.

Based on what we know, 177 HP, 2860 lb curb weight, we can guestimate a 0-60 time in the 7 second range, probably a quarter mile in the 15's. I believe GM claims a lateral acceleration figure of .90g.

We also have a lot of rumors pointing to production of the Solstice starting this month, if it hasn't already (people have seen cars being stocked up in the plant's parking lot). Small Dealer also offered us the following info on when we may see professional reviews:

Small Dealer said:
Long Lead Press (magazines) should be having their press days sometime this month. So expect the test sometime in the mid-late September time frame. Or about the same time the Short Lead Press sees the car in September.
Source of quote:
http://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/showpost.php?p=53192&postcount=2

·
Premium Member
5,206 Posts
jandouglass said:
And if the brakes are tuned properly and tires capable enough, 60 miles per hour stopping distance should be in the 115ft to 124ft range.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts