Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Use the stereo's input jack in with a cell phone? I know I can't hear for $#!T on my cell phone when the top is down. And is there a microphone behind the little mic cutouts on the upper left part of the windshield?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
504 Posts
Park the car and talk.If it's that important to be yacking on a phone.How you gonna keep all your attention on the road if you spend all your attention listening and yacking.Hows it feel to be at the mercy of a phone when you should be paying heed to the road. :cool:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I actually learned to multitask when I was 5 years old and learned to chew gum and walk at the same time.

And in Missouri there is nothing illegal about being on the phone while driving. As a matter of fact, it would be more safe if I could use the input jack on the stereo instead of holding the phone to my head.

Sorry, but some of us use the phone for business and talking while driving is sometimes the only option.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
245 Posts
you can always tell the person that is talking on the phone while driving.

1. swerving (they are usaully all over the road)
2. the person that cuts across three lanes of traffic to turn,to avoid going 1 more block and cutting back to where you were going.
3. those who sit at the green light, or the ones that go through the red lights. :lol:
4. those who run through stop signs to avoid shifting. :brentil:
5. the people that get into the accidents.

granted they were not all on cellphones but i would say that a good 90% of them were.

i think that vehicle manufacturers should incorporate a chip in the cars that block cellphone signals. or something like that. to me they are just as bad as the people that eat a BOWL OF CEREAL while they are driving,(i've seen it.) or the ones that shave while they are driving, or make-up...

man, there are some crazy people out there. :yesnod:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Drex said:
Why not a handsfree ear thingy?
I have tried those, with varying degrees of success. I don't have bluetooth, so mine have been wired.

I just thought it would be nice to be able to make use of the systems speakers, and possibly the microphone, if installed. Considering the location of the microphone, it would pick up much less noise then a mic on my shirt.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
245 Posts
most people can't drive period, let alone talk on a cell phone. i don't know. i find it pretty hard to shift with a cell phone in one hand and my beer in the other... :lol: just kidding of course. i don't know if there is a solution to this.....i just don't know.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
245 Posts
it is atleast better that manufacturers are putting hands free kits built right in to the cars.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
504 Posts
Here's a solution,being as how you can't hear with top down and you can multi-task since you gave up Gerbers,why not text message while driving no listening or talking involved.Just think how much safer that would be.:rolleyes: :lol: :cool:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
245 Posts
SATCH said:
Here's a solution,being as how you can't hear with top down and you can multi-task since you gave up Gerbers,why not text message while driving no listening or talking involved.Just think how much safer that would be.:rolleyes: :lol: :cool:
:glol: :glol: :glol: yeah thats good stuff. i've seen people using laptops while driving, why not e-mail... :lol:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
621 Posts
If you have Verizon, they have a plan that lets you use the OnStar cell system with your current plan (checked and is available in St. Louis). Though that wouldn't really help since Sols aren't OnStar equiped yet.

If a mic is actually there and you had a handsfree set for your current phone: you could trace the wire running out of the mic and splice it into your handsfree, and then splice the head phone portion into a line-in cord. Should work.

Or just turn the cell off and enjoy the ride. Not being hassled and tied down to a piece of electronics can be a good. Never had a person call for anything that urgent, but that's my situation.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
245 Posts
Drex said:
If you have Verizon, they have a plan that lets you use the OnStar cell system with your current plan (checked and is available in St. Louis). Though that wouldn't really help since Sols aren't OnStar equiped yet.

If a mic is actually there and you had a handsfree set for your current phone: you could trace the wire running out of the mic and splice it into your handsfree, and then splice the head phone portion into a line-in cord. Should work.

Or just turn the cell off and enjoy the ride. Not being hassled and tied down to a piece of electronics can be a good. Never had a person call for anything that urgent, but that's my situation.
:agree:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,961 Posts
Well in Germany it is illegal to drive while on a cell phone OR have any open beverage in your car... and you can't drive till you're 18... and it costs thousands of dollars to get a licence... and they have some of the best road maintainance in the world... and they have "adaptive speed limit and road condition signs..."

...no wonder they have the best driving records in the world.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
245 Posts
they deffinetly need to up the standards in driving hear . it would seem that they give anybody a licence.

NOW FREE WITH EVERY PEPSI YOUR VERY OWN LICENCE.

must be a new promotion.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,487 Posts
Primus said:
I actually learned to multitask when I was 5 years old and learned to chew gum and walk at the same time.
Yeah, but there are a lot of people who can't even concentrate on one thing at a time. Take this thread for instance ... not much focus at all on your actual topic. No point trying to multi-task if you can't single-task. :lol:

Sorry, I'm afraid I don't have an answer for your question either though. But you might want to try deleting your thread and starting over ... I think it might be too far gone to go anywhere useful. :leaving:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,000 Posts
The answer please...

SlySol said:
Yeah, but there are a lot of people who can't even concentrate on one thing at a time. Take this thread for instance ... not much focus at all on your actual topic. No point trying to multi-task if you can't single-task. :lol:

Sorry, I'm afraid I don't have an answer for your question either though. But you might want to try deleting your thread and starting over ... I think it might be too far gone to go anywhere useful. :leaving:
:agree:
What ever happened to just having a simple question answered. The guy is looking for a serious answer. But hey, I do get a kick out of the smart alec's that respond to everything except the actual question! :lol:
 

·
LOST SOL
Joined
·
4,675 Posts
Tough crowd ... :lol: ... where is Rodeo's response? ;)

Yesterday someone asked where the ashtray was and next thing you know smokers were at it with the non-smokers. :lol:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,248 Posts
MSG_McKee said:
Tough crowd ... :lol: ... where is Rodeo's response? ;)

Yesterday someone asked where the ashtray was and next thing you know smokers were at it with the non-smokers. :lol:
True enough. I stayed out of the fray, but I think that my post actually ignited that debate. I did, however, actually answer the question that started the thread. :)

Some manufacturers sell hands free auto kits that have a separate speaker and microphone. You mount the microphone, and the speaker and amp, and it's very clean when you're done.

You could probably get one of those kits for your particular phone (they're usually about $250 for the professional install kit (or about $50 for the portable that plugs into the 12 volt socket). With a bit of wiring and splicing as has been suggested, you could possibly adapt the OnStar hookups.

All the same, the advice about making calls with the car NOT in motion is sound.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
670 Posts
attention span

Someone did a test and found that anyone doing anything other than driving in a car is taking away from that persons ability to control the vehicle. They do not pay attention to what is around them and possible situations in front of them. On the interstate I watch as people pull up behind a slower vehicle and apply their brakes because they have to look around to see if they can change lanes. I have riden with my wife too many times while on her cell phone and she does not pay the same attention to the road while on the phone. The study also said that hands free made no difference and that people actually look at the road less while on a phone call of any kind. I just want a small remote so when I pass someone on a road that is not paying attention while talking to someone else, I could press the button and the cell phone would melt or just stop working. I knew a fellow who had a radio transmitter in his truck and when he got near a person blasting the radio and the bass he would key the mike and their amp would overload and go away. :cool:
 
1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Top